Galaxy S5 Verizon September Update.

Angreal838

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem, and recently 2 of my recently used emojis just disappeared from the recent screen. They just show up as blank squares that are non responsive. I tried restarting the phone, and I checked fro any updates, and nothing. Its really annoying.... hopefully they fix it soon!

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This update definitely screwed over my messages app (Samsung one). Lags and hangs because of the emojis so I had to switch to Hangouts, which I'm fine with but it doesn't display notifications on the lock screen which is the sole reason I used the Samsung app.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I moaned and groaned big time about the 4.4.4 upgrade taking place WITHOUT my permission.

I refused it over and over and then it just simply upgraded on its' own even after I said NO!!!

.... sigh ....

so far, my S5 has been 'okay'

The camera now has the option to turn off the shutter sound, which makes taking a picture faster.

I can now make use of HD Voice calls... maybe, if I ever get close enough to a tower that has that capability. The wonders of living in Cowboy country away from the metro areas.... we are last, if ever, to get new technology.

All of my apps so far, are still behaving.

The 4g indicator flickers a bit if DATA is enabled, but I have MacroDroid turning OFF data whenever the WiFi connects to a network. That turns the 4g indicator grey...

and that is all I have noticed so far, it has been a quiet day for me, a lot of detective novels to keep me company.

bluscreened

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am loving the new 4.4.4 update. I'm new to Samsung but not Android. I was stoked with the S5 when I first got it but grew really frustrated with the crappy finger print scanner, Bluetooth drop out, and general phone lag. Not what I expected with a "flagship" device.

But this latest update has fixed all that and I'm stoked over this phone again. It's definitely snappier and it seems the memory is being managed better, for the last few weeks I've noticed the whole phone locking up with moderate use and task manager showing "red" due to low available memory, now it seems much better. We'll see.

Posted via the Android Central App

shypp

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I used to have excellent battery life with the previous version of Android software. After this update yesterday, the battery drains incredibly fast. By the time it is mid afternoon, it is down to 20% left where as before it would give me a full 24 hours. Somehow the Power Saving mode I had configure before got wiped out and I had to reset it. But even then the behavior is terrible. I have not installed any new app or anything.
On top of that, my mobile web version of gmail (not the app) does not work. It just hangs trying to connect in rapid succession.
Finally the txt messaging is also screwed up. For some reason, any group MMS are either being delayed at which point I get a notification but the message itself wont be delivered until I get good 4G coverage or come to me as emails. I don't know what setting is causing this.
All in all, I must say I am very unhappy. Any one has any ideas to fix this?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Google Services has not worked for me all day, I am wondering if this update had something to do with that?

The Play Store comes up and it works, but AirDroid will not work as it wants to sign in to Google and it can't.

draksig

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any problems with their sd card or goole device policy? My phone keeps saying that it does not recognize sd card. I took the card out and connected to pc ok. Even reformatted it. Put it back in phone and works for a short time but then says there is no sd card. For the device policy, it keeps warning me that I need to rescan my fingerprint. I do, then the message goes away for a short time than comes back. I then go to screen lock and remove fingerprint security and readd. Keeps repeating.

When I did the update to 4.4.4 I also lost my MicroSD card, tried another one and it destroyed the card. Called Verizon and they said the update has a bug where most phones will not work with SD cards above 8 gigs. No info on a fix.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
When I did the update to 4.4.4 I also lost my MicroSD card, tried another one and it destroyed the card. Called Verizon and they said the update has a bug where most phones will not work with SD cards above 8 gigs. No info on a fix.

I think "most" might be stretching it especially since the 10 people I know, who all have S5s running 4.4.4, have memory cards bigger than 8GB.

draksig

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I think "most" might be stretching it especially since the 10 people I know, who all have S5s running 4.4.4, have memory cards bigger than 8GB.

Goign to verizon this weekend and ask for thier help in reflashing 4.4.4 or resetting to factory original then wait for 5.0

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante