Okay im trying to figure this out and nobody in customer service is knowleglable about this nor can i find threads about this...

I bought a official samsung wirelss charging back cover for my verizon s5 .. And im not talking about the crappy back cover with the flap in the front.

So i look on ebay it says "not compatible with verizon galaxy s5" .. but the store rep told me.. that it is.. and whats weird is i looked on the verizon site but they dont have the wireless charging cover that i bought.. but they do have the charging back with the flap in the front.. from the picture.. the internals of the inside of the cover are the same... so im guessing it should work..

I tried it on the cheap qi 15$ charging pad a min ago and it didnt work so im thinking i should go buy the official samsun charging pad from verizon... does anybody have any idea?
    09-10-2014 07:14 AM
    Do you have a link to the one you purchased? I would make sure that the pins on the cover are making contact with the contacts on the back of the phone. Other than that I think it should work if it is QI compatible.
    09-10-2014 08:01 AM
    I have the official Samsung(S Charger Cover EP-CG900IBE) back and the samsung Qi charger works great. the only problem is I can't seem to find a protect case that fits on it.
    the back is a little thicker than the stock one so any help on a case that fits would be great.
    09-10-2014 08:10 AM
    I have the official Samsung(S Charger Cover EP-CG900IBE) back and the samsung Qi charger works great. the only problem is I can't seem to find a protect case that fits on it.
    the back is a little thicker than the stock one so any help on a case that fits would be great.
    Two cases are known to work with the wireless charging back. One is made by Diztronic. The other is made by Magpul.

I have both and they are both great. Ultimately, I went with the Magpul. But I may switch back to Diztronic at some point if the mood strikes.
    09-10-2014 10:21 AM
    +1 for the Diztronic. It is made especially for the S5 with the wireless back cover. When I need to use a case, that's what I use. For everyday at home and work (work in an office) I don't use a case since the cover extends past the camera lens and I have a glass screen protector. It is enough protection for my needs.
    09-10-2014 10:46 AM
    i figured out it was my cheap pad. the samsung official worked
    09-10-2014 10:47 PM
    I'm also confused why some places indicate that the official wireless charging back is not compatible with the VZW S5. Does the VZW model still retain it's waterproofing with the new back?
    09-11-2014 07:54 AM
    Yes, it retains it's water "resistance" with the new back. You'll see that it has a gasket on it similar to the back that comes with the S5.
    09-11-2014 09:49 AM