Hi all,

I currently have (and love) an HTC One (M8). Fantastic phone, which I chose over the S5 when my upgrade came around.

Now, however, I am getting an S5 anyway - from work. It was that or an iPhone 5 (easy choice, right?), so I guess now I'll get to see the other side.

Any tips, advice, etc for a new S5 user? I'm not new to Android (I've had Android devices for years) but I am new to Samsung. I'll be getting my phone either this week or Monday of next week.

Thanks!
    09-10-2014 09:22 AM
    Hi all,

I currently have (and love) an HTC One (M8). Fantastic phone, which I chose over the S5 when my upgrade came around.

Now, however, I am getting an S5 anyway - from work. It was that or an iPhone 5 (easy choice, right?), so I guess now I'll get to see the other side.

Any tips, advice, etc for a new S5 user? I'm not new to Android (I've had Android devices for years) but I am new to Samsung. I'll be getting my phone either this week or Monday of next week.

Thanks!
    Enjoy the best of both words on Android my friend I had the s5 for a couple of weeks, but traded it in for the M8. If you are new to Samsung you will enjoy all the features it comes with that the M8 lacks, you will also get to witness a new and mature version of touchwiz compared to older Galaxy phones. The camera comes with some cool features also, but I still prefer the M8's camera.
    09-10-2014 09:51 AM
    Thanks!

Really looking forward to getting my new phone. Can't root it or anything since it's a company phone, but I will definitely play around with it some. Mostly I just need it to be there for after-hours calls, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the phone.
    09-10-2014 11:40 AM
    You're gonna love the beautiful screen and the amazing camera and 4k recording.
    09-10-2014 12:08 PM
    You're gonna love the beautiful screen and the amazing camera and 4k recording.
    beautiful screen definitely, but honestly I've had no issues with the M8 camera when I've used it. As my S5 will be a work phone, I don't know how often I'll use the camera or 4k recording. Nice to play around with, though
    09-10-2014 12:15 PM