S5 over iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So.. After the ho hum introduction to the iPhone 6 and 6+, which shape (round edges), screen sizes (4.7 and 5.5), hardware (1gb ram, dual core processor, 8mp camera) and features (nfc, expanded notification bar, widgets etc) remind me of the Galaxy s3 and note 2 running Android 4.1 Jelly bean 2 yrs ago! I will stick with my awesome Galaxy S5. What say you?

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Last edited:

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned any cell phone but the iPhone. I have 11 days and I'm switching to the galaxy s5..... I was going to get the iPhone 6 but I'm tired of the same old thing.

Btw I'm posting this from my iPhone 5.... 👍

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've never owned any cell phone but the iPhone. I have 11 days and I'm switching to the galaxy s5..... I was going to get the iPhone 6 but I'm tired of the same old thing.

Btw I'm posting this from my iPhone 5.... 👍

That's awesome! I'm not biased but I just call it like I see it. The iPhone is pretty, but not much else from what I can tell.

Posted with my Galaxy S5, via the Android Central App

Marc J

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I switched just prior to the 6 announcement. Previously had a 5 and was painfully disappointed with the spec (particularly the camera and screen). When I heard 6 was going to keep the LCD screen I'd made my mind up. Haven't regretted it for a second!

Posted via the Android Central App

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Having gotten all caught up on the iPhone 6 and seeing what it brings to the table, I've got to say it's one of the most underwhelming flagship phones I've ever seen. Even from a design standpoint, which is surprising coming from Apple. Go team S5!

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand what you're saying and I'm glad the S5 works for you, but just know that it's not a one-size-fits-all solution for all. My old iPhone 5S ran circles around my Galaxy S5, despite the "last-gen" specs. I simply got bored with it and picked up the Galaxy, but frankly, it was a better phone for me, and that's why I'm going back for the iPhone 6 Plus. I absolutely loved my S5 when I had it initially, but as time has progressed, it has developed more and more problems and I'm sick of it. That didn't happen with my iPhone. Can I do more with my Galaxy? Yes. Can I do it consistently? No. The iPhone is a bit vanilla but it never let me down.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you're saying and I'm glad the S5 works for you, but just know that it's not a one-size-fits-all solution for all. My old iPhone 5S ran circles around my Galaxy S5, despite the "last-gen" specs. I simply got bored with it and picked up the Galaxy, but frankly, it was a better phone for me, and that's why I'm going back for the iPhone 6 Plus. I absolutely loved my S5 when I had it initially, but as time has progressed, it has developed more and more problems and I'm sick of it. That didn't happen with my iPhone. Can I do more with my Galaxy? Yes. Can I do it consistently? No. The iPhone is a bit vanilla but it never let me down.

That's a fair assessment. I personally havn't had any problems with my S5 so far (knock on wood). If you like Apple for what they do then enjoy it! Everyone has specific needs or wants from their device of choice. I'm just pointing out some things that I've noticed that are very old Android concepts that are just being introduced on the new iPhone that the media is trying to act like it's so great and innovative.

I do know ios runs smoother then Android for the most part so it doesn't require as much processing power or ram but idk bout "running circles" as you say, Lol. I do hope you enjoy your iPhone 6 when you get it, come back and tell us how you like it once you have spent some time with the device.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Glad you're happy with the iPhone. I was a long time iPhone user and switched to samsung in 2012. I tried the iPhone 5S earlier this year but only lasted 28 days. But different storkes for different folks as they say. I'm just glad that at have so much choice these days.

Posted from my S5

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I switched about a month ago from the iPhone 5S and really like it. Part of me, though, thought that I would be really disappointed that I had switched after the announcement of the 6. Having seen the new specs, I can honestly say that I'm not giving it another thought. I am content with the S5 and happy that I switched. I am hopeful that with the iPhones getting NFC that more and more retailers will adopt tap to pay so I can use my Google Wallet at more places than just Walgreens and McD's.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I wont lie, I like smartphones period. Ive had every iphone since it came to verizon and I cant tell you how many android phones Ive had. I get bored easily. Currently on the 5s, before that was on (since last OCT) S4, HTC one, LG3, Note 3, Iphone5s then spent some time with motox, then came back to my 5s. In my opinion, they are all great devices. The biggest thing for me were a few select apps that were just better on iOS, but I believe everything is catching up. I am currently waiting for the NOTE 4, but I am sure I will get an iphone 6 or plus

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
As all the comments on the articles around the net have basically said, you go to Apple for the experience.
I picked Android for the open-sourceness, which is something you cannot get with Apple (without jail breaking).

Of course expect the I6 to be back ordered the day it's released and likely the weeks following.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I wont lie, I like smartphones period. Ive had every iphone since it came to verizon and I cant tell you how many android phones Ive had. I get bored easily. Currently on the 5s, before that was on (since last OCT) S4, HTC one, LG3, Note 3, Iphone5s then spent some time with motox, then came back to my 5s. In my opinion, they are all great devices. The biggest thing for me were a few select apps that were just better on iOS, but I believe everything is catching up. I am currently waiting for the NOTE 4, but I am sure I will get an iphone 6 or plus

Geesh! Wish I had the fun budget to swap phones that often! Good info though! I love the look and specs of the note 4, I had a Galaxy nexus then went to Galaxy note 2 and currently love my S5, I thought about possibly getting the note 4 when it's available but it's not water proof which seems like a must to me now lol

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
To be honest the apple pay seems interesting but other than that I'm sticking with my s5. I'm glad that Apple is finally coming out with a bigger screen but as for the Cpu and ram it's a bit disappointing.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
To be honest the apple pay seems interesting but other than that I'm sticking with my s5. I'm glad that Apple is finally coming out with a bigger screen but as for the Cpu and ram it's a bit disappointing.

RAM, agree. The CPU is about on par with a SD800/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2