So I'm trying the galaxy S5 and its not a bad phone. Battery life is slightly better than my iPhone 5. But what I realized today is how important iMessage is to me. I work in a lot of areas that don't have good cell coverage with most carriers. Was working in a basement for hours and didn't realize I wasn't receiving my text messages until I stepped out and got like 2 dozen. Some were important and others no so much. 99% time I am connected to wifi at these homes I go to and because iMessage works over wifi I just got them. Thats just one of the things you take for granted when being with apple for so many years I guess. So is there a solution to this in the android world? Also sending videos to others via mms just won't work. I understand the carrier message limits but come on its 2014 and I can't send a large video file? Again wasn't a problem with iMessage. I know I can upload to dropbox and send a link but that sounds like there will be more data usage and extra steps to kind of get the same thing done. I really like the S5 but everyone I know has an iPhone and that kinda spoiled me in the way things just worked with ease. Until the text, mms, and message size limits get fixed I don't think I'm cut out for an android phone. There are other things that I like in iOS but not going to get into that. I at least gave it a chance and if there are ways to achieve what I need then please let me know what I'm missing here.
    09-11-2014 11:19 PM
    The only thing similar to iMessage on Android is Hangouts. You can merge a person's contact with their G+ account and switch between MMS and SMS easily. The only problem is it only works with people who have Hangouts installed. Not sure how inconvenient that is for you, but it's at least an option.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-11-2014 11:25 PM
    It could work but you know how other people are when it comes to using another app just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 11:27 AM
    It could work but you know how other people are when it comes to using another app just for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Even if it was the standard app on Android and worked exactly like iMessage, it wouldn't work cross platform
    09-12-2014 11:44 AM