4.4.4 att s5

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am waiting as well. Usually when everyone else starts getting it, AT&T follows suit....however we don't even have 4.4.3 yet. So maybe they will combine them both or skip it.

Boom! From My S5

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am waiting as well. Usually when everyone else starts getting it, AT&T follows suit....however we don't even have 4.4.3 yet. So maybe they will combine them both or skip it.

Boom! From My S5

FWIW my Verizon S5 went directly from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4.

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I like for ATT to give us download booster in the next update, this feature should of came with the phone. Not that i will use it often but i like all the features be on the phone then decide to turn it off if i dont want it.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is the "download booster" and what does it do. In the XDA forum the claim is that it there but very hard to find.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
What exactly is the "download booster" and what does it do. In the XDA forum the claim is that it there but very hard to find.

It's so that you can use your cell signal and WIFI signal simultaneously to download stuff. If you have a fast enough WIFI connection, it will just use it instead of both even if you have DB enabled from what I understand. My home WIFI connection sees speeds up to 90 Mb/s so I'm not too worried about it TBH. Would be kind of nice at work though. I wonder if it would work with an OTA update or if it's only for media?

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah i downloaded an app called super download lite which does the same thing...it downloads files very fast and yes faster than our wifi connection

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Heres a little trick to access download booster on galaxys5 at&t

The directions are for Nova Launcher but will work for Apex Launcher and others. After installing Nova Launcher, open the app up and long-press on your Galaxy S5's home screen, choose Shortcuts, tap Activities, tap Settings, then tap Download Booster. You'll now be able to toggle Download Booster on and off.

And yes it works you do get the option in settings does it actually improve download speeds? Well you will have to be the judge of that.

Posted from galaxyS5

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-55-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-18-55-12.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 45

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
This only turn it on , but cant use its full functionality. ..there is a thread about this in XDA forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513