Picture Resolution

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Anytime I take a picture on my s5 and open it on my computer, the pic is always too large. Is there anyway I can set it to a smaller resolution on my s5 when taking pics?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just keep in mind, that if you choose a smaller setting, you will be using fewer pixels to snap the picture.

Pictures can always be compressed smaller, but you cannot increase the size and restore pixels that were never there.

I always leave it on 16 mPixel and then if needed, I will resize the images.

Most viewers will reduce the image size by holding down the Control key and rolling the mouse wheel

or, hold Control key and use the minus key.

IrFanView is a very powerful viewer and it responds to the above controls

Your PC's browser will also respond to the above controls regardless of whether it is Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc...

Last edited:

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Just keep in mind, that if you choose a smaller setting, you will be using fewer pixels to snap the picture.

Pictures can always be compressed smaller, but you cannot increase the size and restore pixels that were never there.

I always leave it on 16 mPixel and then if needed, I will resize the images.

Most viewers will reduce the image size by holding down the Control key and rolling the mouse wheel

or, hold Control key and use the minus key.

IrFanView is a very power viewer and it responds to the above controls

Your PC's browser will also respond to the above controls regardless of whether it is Chrome, Explorer, Firefox, Opera, etc...

I've been looking for a program like that. I hate it everytime I post a pic on a forum I would have to resize it in "paint".

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a program like that. I hate it everytime I post a pic on a forum I would have to resize it in "paint".

Yup, and IrFanView can resize that image for you in a flash.

Control-R and then pick the size you want, and IF you want to retain the gps location info.

Better than that, how about adding a line of text into that photo you want to share?
Just draw a rectangular box on the image somewhere and then press Control-T

type in what you want, pick the font size and style, the background you want, the text color you want, and OK you are done.

I use this feature a lot on forums to denote pertinent info about what that photo is about.

Fer instance, in a For Sale forum, draw an arrow to a defect on the item you are selling, then overlay a tiny bit of text detailing what that defect is. Or maybe, you just need to say "I was here when I met my wife the first time".
ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif