Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

First off, I have emailed the developer on these issues and have not received a reply or acknowledgement that he even read them. (sent email with Notifications Requested)

So, before I leave a bad Review on Play Store, I want to see if anyone can help me with:

1) Rotate does not work period. Not in Gallery or browsers or email.

2) Screenshot image files are corrupted. When copied to a Win7 PC, they can't be viewed. Every image viewer I have in Windows complains of a corrupted file.

3) Because of the above problems, I want a shortcut to get back to TouchWiz with a single tap. A Widget would be nice, but I can't find one, nor can I find a way to create one.

Until Nova Launcher is fixed, I need to be able to jump back and forth between launchers. In fact, being able to jump back and forth at any time is of great advantage. but alas, I can't find a shortcut for TouchWiz.

TouchWiz screenshots work just fine....

Anyone got the heads up on this?
    09-13-2014 11:37 PM
    Have you tried taking taking your battery out and back in.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-14-2014 09:38 AM
    Gave that a try, can't hurt...

Well, that does seem to "have fixed" the snapshot problem.

Took care of the Rotate issue also.

Hmmmm, why is it that we don't think of the simplest try first?

Now, for that TouchWiz shortcut. Anyone got a heads up for that?
    09-14-2014 10:09 AM
    I need to be able to jump back and forth between launchers. In fact, being able to jump back and forth at any time is of great advantage
    Posted via Me
    Attached Thumbnails Nova Launcher issues with Rotate, Screenshots, no TouchWiz shortcut-screenshot_2014-09-14-09-43-47.jpg  
    09-14-2014 10:45 AM
    Yes I have an idea. Go to Default Applications and unclick Nova launcher and then hit the home key and will automatically give you the option for TW or Nova. In order to have this forever just do not make either the default.

09-14-2014 11:02 AM
    Yes I have an idea. Go to Default Applications and unclick Nova launcher and then hit the home key and will automatically give you the option for TW or Nova. In order to have this forever just do not make either the default.

that is not a good fix, you have to double tap the launcher of choice every time you hit the home key. No thanks.

all I want is the ability to put a short cut on the screen that will allow me to temporarily go to a different launcher.

I just now saw the "Home Manager" app suggested, going to try that out right now and report back.
    09-14-2014 12:55 PM
    If you load "Home Manager" after a restart, it will appear in the notification panel.
    You can access it from there whenever you want.

Posted via Me
    09-14-2014 01:01 PM
    Posted via Me
    Thanks for that lead to Home Manager.

at first, I was a bit leery of it because it has not been updated in over two years.

Fear not though, it works as advertised.

I just used it to go through 4 different launchers. 2 of which I had never tried out before.

As with women and who will make you a perfect wife, launchers are a style of their own. best to get to known them before you tie the knot
    09-14-2014 01:21 PM
    👍

Posted via Me
    09-14-2014 01:32 PM
    You don't need an app for this. I have an icon setup for Touchwiz, its just a shortcut.

From Nova, long press on home screen then pick Shortcuts > Activities > Touchwiz Home> Touchwiz Home (first in the TW dropdown, sub-titled com.android.Launcher2.launcher) Assign an icon you would like if you don't like the default one, done.

Tap the icon to launch TW, then when you press the home key Nova or your other launcher will kick back in, simples.
    AZgl1500 likes this.
    09-15-2014 04:43 AM
    You don't need an app for this. I have an icon setup for Touchwiz, its just a shortcut.

From Nova, long press on home screen then pick Shortcuts > Activities > Touchwiz Home> Touchwiz Home (first in the TW dropdown, sub-titled com.android.Launcher2.launcher) Assign an icon you would like if you don't like the default one, done.

Tap the icon to launch TW, then when you press the home key Nova or your other launcher will kick back in, simples.
    Well blow me down..... that is so awesome... being new to Nova, I had not discovered that capability yet.

Thank you very much.

That is exactly what I was wanting, not bringing up another app and then having to make yet another keypress.
    bIOforger likes this.
    09-15-2014 05:12 AM
    Well blow me down..... that is so awesome... being new to Nova, I had not discovered that capability yet.

Thank you very much.

That is exactly what I was wanting, not bringing up another app and then having to make yet another keypress.
    No problem, the Nova shortcut facility can be very powerful, I also use it so that most of my icons have dual functions, so one function on tap and one function when you swipe up on an icon. You're probably are aware of that though.
    omawb likes this.
    09-15-2014 05:22 AM
    No problem, the Nova shortcut facility can be very powerful, I also use it so that most of my icons have dual functions, so one function on tap and one function when you swipe up on an icon. You're probably are aware of that though.
    Actually, I wasn't. Just installed it a few days ago, and haven't had time to play with it beyond just repairing my home screens and making sure that I had backups in case it ever needs to be reset.
    09-15-2014 07:06 PM
    Actually, I wasn't. Just installed it a few days ago, and haven't had time to play with it beyond just repairing my home screens and making sure that I had backups in case it ever needs to be reset.
    Yea check it out, for example for my gmail icon, if i tap it, it opens the mailbox/inbox as normal, if i swipe up on the icon it opens the compose new email. Then I have a similar thing for the stock SMS app. You just have to find out which function does what in the shortcut list for each application. Google has the answer usually.
    09-16-2014 05:28 AM