Nova: Tesla unread count not working

gabrielxavila

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The issue im having is when i recive an SMS the "bubble" count is not accurate. In other words my lock screen states I have 8 messages, but when I unlock the phone the SMS "bubble" only shows 1 and on occasion 3. The count never seems to go over 3 even though I have more unread messages. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this or found a solution to this problem.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well,

I just posted last night about having some issues with the Nova launcher, and was recommended to do a Power off, Restart (he said pull the battery) but all I did was restart the phone.

fixed it....

darn, why don't we just do a restart first and then see if the issue is still there? dunno....

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this
Nova changed the "bubble" to reflect the number of different contacts trying to reach you, rather than the number of messages you have. The sms icon will only show the number one for any individual contact no matter how many messages that contact sent.
It will show more numbers if you have messages from more than one contact.
Still gives accurate count for other apps (drippler, email apps, phone, etc )
Posted via Me

Last edited:

gabrielxavila

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Well,

I just posted last night about having some issues with the Nova launcher, and was recommended to do a Power off, Restart (he said pull the battery) but all I did was restart the phone.

fixed it....

darn, why don't we just do a restart first and then see if the issue is still there? dunno....

I've tried restarting the phone, restarted and cleared the cache as well. Problem still persists.

gabrielxavila

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Ever since Nova's last update, the mms icon will only show the number one for any individual contact no matter how many messages that contact sent.
It will show more numbers if you have messages from more than one contact.

Posted via Me

Havent updated yet still on using 3.0.2, but good to know.

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Try sending yourself some emails and see if it gives you the correct number.

Posted via Me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-13-08-37-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-08-37-10.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 79

osvanberg

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem! Contacted Tesla Plugin dev. They confirmed that the Plugin only shows a number per conversation thread, not per unread messages. But ........

They said, change to Hangouts sms app and the number of unread messages will show instead. I HATE Hangouts, so I tried 15 other sms/mms apps. And found just one that works the same way with the Plugin = TEXTRA sms!

it is f-ing rocking in every other way as well. Love Textra big time! And you will get the correct numbers in the badges. 😄

Dan L Dikas

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
The issue im having is when i recive an SMS the "bubble" count is not accurate. In other words my lock screen states I have 8 messages, but when I unlock the phone the SMS "bubble" only shows 1 and on occasion 3. The count never seems to go over 3 even though I have more unread messages. Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this or found a solution to this problem.

Dan L Dikas

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
My issue is slightly different. My unread count setting keeps turning off and I'm not getting the ubbles for any apps. I turn it on in the nova settings and in an hour it's off again. Anyone had a problem like this. The apps are up to date.

Last edited:

Dan L Dikas

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings -> battery -> app optimization -> details -> Nova Launcher -> turned off for

Repeat with Tesla unread.

Good luck!

found this solution on Nova Launcher's web

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I've tried restarting the phone, restarted and cleared the cache as well. Problem still persists.

What does work, insofar as Gmail goes, is launching the TeslaUnread app, tapping the Gmail settings "⚙" icon, de-selecting Inbox ( turning it off ), then re-selecting it ( turning Inbox right back on again ).

Obviously this isn't a permanent solution, as no one wants to have to do that every time, but it does work in a pinch for what it's worth. Rebooting is not only not  necessary, it doesn't add anything, as someone pointed out. And if you're running Nova Launcher, neither does going to Settings ▸ Advanced ▸ Restart Nova Launcher. The only quick solution that has worked for me is the one I describe above, which amounts to telling TeslaUnread not to track Gmail, then telling it to track Gmail again.

In my case the problem manifests in the opposite way of most, based on most comments I've seen ᎓ after I get a message and deal with it, the "①" badge on the Gmail icon refuses to go away, even after several minutes, and I have to get rid of it in the manner I describe.

Last edited:

slipdUK

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not alone... Got exactly this issue with Gmail notifications. Only very recently, the last couple of weeks tops. Everything was fine until the, must have been the last update? Nothing else has changed on my phone.

Has anyone had any luck finding a permanent solution?

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just modified my post, the one just above yours, because I found out there's no need to actually back out of Gmail settings after deselecting the Inbox, just need to deselect it then select it right back again, i.e. OFF then ON again, right away like that.

But no, no permanent solution.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza