I am relatively new to the S5 after having iPhones for the past 3-4 years. So far, so good and I continue to learn more about Android and the S5. I run the Nova Launcher on my phone and have been pleased with it. I have also installed (and uninstalled) a number of apps in the month or so that I have had the phone.

I have been adding apps to and removing apps from my home screen and have yet to figure out if there is an easy way to get the icons in alphabetical order. I know how that is done on the applications screen(s) but cannot figure out how to organize the icons on my home screen other than to manually move them around. Is there a setting that I have not seen?

Any help would be appreciated.
    09-15-2014 09:18 PM
    That sorting can be done only inside folders. Let's imagine that you create folders for media, social, browsing,... The icons inside them can be sorted out alphabetically. Just open it and click on the three dots.

Having Nova it's good fun playing around with your folders, changing the way it looks with icon packs, images or even text.
    The homescreen setup is intended to be completely manual, so there is no alphabetization. It wouldn't work well, since shortcuts may be interspersed with widgets.
    09-15-2014 10:30 PM
    The homescreen setup is intended to be completely manual, so there is no alphabetization. It wouldn't work well, since shortcuts may be interspersed with widgets.
    Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense since the hone screen icons are shortcuts but I still wish there was a way to automatically get them in alpha order.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2014 06:59 AM
    That sorting can be done only inside folders. Let's imagine that you create folders for media, social, browsing,... The icons inside them can be sorted out alphabetically. Just open it and click on the three dots.

Having Nova it's good fun playing around with your folders, changing the way it looks with icon packs, images or even text.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-16-2014 08:06 AM
    I am relatively new to the S5 after having iPhones for the past 3-4 years. So far, so good and I continue to learn more about Android and the S5. I run the Nova Launcher on my phone and have been pleased with it. I have also installed (and uninstalled) a number of apps in the month or so that I have had the phone.

I have been adding apps to and removing apps from my home screen and have yet to figure out if there is an easy way to get the icons in alphabetical order. I know how that is done on the applications screen(s) but cannot figure out how to organize the icons on my home screen other than to manually move them around. Is there a setting that I have not seen?

Any help would be appreciated.
    There are 3 vertical dots at the right top of the screen, click there and it will display a window with several options, choose "View As" and then select "Alphabetical Order". That's it.

Can I alphabetize homescreen icons on S5?-samsung-galaxy-s5-mini-2.jpg
    03-13-2020 05:13 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense since the hone screen icons are shortcuts but I still wish there was a way to automatically get them in alpha order.
    Might be able do that with a 3rd party launcher like nova but stock launcher only app drawer
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-13-2020 06:01 PM