Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I did the first update and had an issue with the WiFI and 4G lighting up at the same time arrows lit up together too. So I had the phone flashed back to before the update and all is good.
    My question - is the update says its for bluetooth issue but does it also add video calling?
    Also been reading there is a second update from Verizon now, I guess once you do the first update it shows up?
    Those that did the updates is your WiFi and 4G lit up together now? Have you noticed any data being used even with WiFi lit up?
    09-17-2014 05:56 PM
    Caller ID is the issue. It comes w/ the update. You can disable in app manager and that should resolve the wifi and 4G being lit at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I just got the second update today. WiFi and 4G are both working fine. I really can't tell what it did other than take my battery down . If it was for Bluetooth I did hear some were having trouble , but I didn't.

Galaxy S5
    09-17-2014 06:26 PM
    Caller ID is the issue. It comes w/ the update. You can disable in app manager and that should resolve the wifi and 4G being lit at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-20-2014 10:02 AM
    Rather than create a new thread, I thought I could take a ride on this one.

I went to activate voLTE on the S5 but do not see the setting. I assume it needs the N12 update... as the OP says, the notes only refer to bluetooth changes.

In general, is everyone happy with this update and can someone tell me where the cellular settings are for voLTE?

Thanks,
    R
    09-21-2014 11:34 AM
    Rather than create a new thread, I thought I could take a ride on this one.

I went to activate voLTE on the S5 but do not see the setting. I assume it needs the N12 update... as the OP says, the notes only refer to bluetooth changes.

In general, is everyone happy with this update and can someone tell me where the cellular settings are for voLTE?

Thanks,
    R
    There should be voLTE instructions in the link below. I'm happy with the update. However my battery life was kind of crappy for the first few days. I actually disabled voLTE and it seems to be back to normal (or better) now. I'm not sure if voLTE is related to the bad battery life (I need to experiment with it some) but I'm leaving it off for now. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=mfC3mEbx
    09-21-2014 11:39 AM
    I'm just checking in to see what negative issues have arrived.

I just looked at my Kies 3.0 screen today and it seems that if I want it, that the NI2 update is available for me.

I'm reading that as N I 2, not N 1 2 as some has typed.

see the attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Does the Verizon S5 update include video calling?-ni2-upgrade-now-available.png  
    09-21-2014 06:16 PM
    anyone having issues with their keyboard since update ? I used to be able to swype in the regular keyboard but now it won't allow...ugh
    09-21-2014 09:48 PM
    I'm just checking in to see what negative issues have arrived.

I just looked at my Kies 3.0 screen today and it seems that if I want it, that the NI2 update is available for me.

I'm reading that as N I 2, not N 1 2 as some has typed.

see the attached image.
    I'm reading that with the letter "I" also.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    09-22-2014 05:55 AM
    anyone having issues with their keyboard since update ? I used to be able to swype in the regular keyboard but now it won't allow...ugh
    Which keyboard are you using? I just switched mine over to the Samsung keyboard and it is fine but I rely on the Google keyboard and it has been fine ever since the upgrade as well. All-in-all, I haven't had any issues with any keyboards (Swype, Samsung, or Google) since the upgrade. If anything, my phone is finally performing like how it originally should have.
    09-22-2014 09:31 AM