Weather widgets

Cincojoe

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Need a good weather widget. I have tried several different ones and they all seem to lag really bad on updating. I have set it at different intervals (15mins 30mins or 1 hour) and they all seem to get stuck too often. Is this the widget or Android? Just something that’s really annoying. Like right now at the time I’m writing this email I checked the weather again and it says last updated 0 mins ago? The one I’m using is Transparent Weather clock.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I use the Widget from the "The Weather Channel". Not great but at least it's accurate and I have it set to follow me while I'm traveling.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Lot's of widgets auto update when you touch them or unlock your phone regardless of your update schedule.
"Updated 0 minutes ago" could mean it just updated...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Need a good weather widget. I have tried several different ones and they all seem to lag really bad on updating. I have set it at different intervals (15mins 30mins or 1 hour) and they all seem to get stuck too often. Is this the widget or Android? Just something that’s really annoying. Like right now at the time I’m writing this email I checked the weather again and it says last updated 0 mins ago? The one I’m using is Transparent Weather clock.

Using Weather & Clock Widget in my past 3 phones now, Great looks and updates perfectly.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Been using Beautiful Widgets since late last year. You can download themes for the weather icons, time, and battery. I always change it to match my wallpaper.

Boom! From My S5

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I use ez weather. So far so good. When you pull down the status bar, you get the forcast for the next four hours. Tap on the temp and you get the weather for the week. Tap on the blue circle to refresh.

Attachments

• 1411065880526.jpg
    1411065880526.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 54

Cincojoe

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Why manually update? If I set the preferences to update every 30 minutes then that's what I expect it to do. I'll try some of the other suggestions.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just leave them on the default.

If I'm concerned about it, I just do a refresh.

I really like MyRadar for observing moving weather patterns.

The Weather Channel is my default go to first wx app.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned HD widgets, one of the best looking weather widgets with loads of customisation options. I used to use Beautiful widgets but find the HD one much better. I paid for both to get the best options available.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Surprised no one has mentioned HD widgets, one of the best looking weather widgets with loads of customisation options. I used to use Beautiful widgets but find the HD one much better. I paid for both to get the best options available.

Ummmmm......this one looks interesting. How is your battery life with this app? Does it have radar maps or can you add your own? Thanks for sharing. :)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Ummmmm......this one looks interesting. How is your battery life with this app? Does it have radar maps or can you add your own? Thanks for sharing. :)
Has very little impact on battery life, I don't use radar maps, just the built in weather services, so I don't know about that

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I really like this one. It's called Android Clock and Weather widget. Tapping on the time opens the clock, tapping the date opens the calendar and tapping the weather opens the weather app. You can customize what gets opened for whatever you tap, which is cool. I have it set to transparent but there are other styles to choose from if you don't want it to be transparent.

uploadfromtaptalk1411132886708.jpg

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I really like this one. It's called Android Clock and Weather widget. Tapping on the time opens the clock, tapping the date opens the calendar and tapping the weather opens the weather app. You can customize what gets opened for whatever you tap, which is cool. I have it set to transparent but there are other styles to choose from if you don't want it to be transparent.

View attachment 137347

Where can I find the Widget?

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all those mentioned and many more, but I keep coming back to the original one on the S5. User's choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463