Galaxy S5 won't make a call.....stuck on "Call" prompt

Tony Santiago

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all

I had tried to make a call on my Galaxy S5 (AT&T). As soon as I would try to make the call, the prompt on the screen would be stuck on "Call". I did go to Ultra Power Saving mode and the call worked that way. I had tried the hard reboot (holding the volume up, power and home keys) and did a cache clear partition. But on regular mode the call is stuck and won't get through.

Anything else I need to do before the infamous "factory reset?"

Thanks

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello all

I had tried to make a call on my Galaxy S5 (AT&T). As soon as I would try to make the call, the prompt on the screen would be stuck on "Call". I did go to Ultra Power Saving mode and the call worked that way. I had tried the hard reboot (holding the volume up, power and home keys) and did a cache clear partition. But on regular mode the call is stuck and won't get through.

Anything else I need to do before the infamous "factory reset?"

Thanks

I had an issue making calls when the FreedomPop app was trying to intercept my dialer and I hadn't visited the app since it did an update requesting it. I went into the app on a whim and it popped up asking if I wanted it to take over my dialer, I declined and then I could make calls with my native dialer. If you have any VOIP apps, my suggestion is try opening them to make sure they don't have a pop up prompt display asking to take over your dialer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude