I have a new Galaxy S5. At work, I cannot access the wifi. (I could not access it with my old Galaxy S3 either.) The wi-fi says it is safe, secure but when I try to connect, it says authenication errorr occurred and incorrect password. I know my password is correct. Tried using a wrong password, and I got the same message. I have tried switching the airplane mode on and off and reconnecting. I have tried switching the bluetooth on and off and reconnecting. I have powered off and removed the Sims card and tried reconnecting. It is very frustrating since IPhone users have no trouble. Other Android users are having the same problem here at work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    09-19-2014 09:57 AM
    I have a new Galaxy S5. At work, I cannot access the wifi. (I could not access it with my old Galaxy S3 either.) The wi-fi says it is safe, secure but when I try to connect, it says authenication errorr occurred and incorrect password. I know my password is correct. Tried using a wrong password, and I got the same message. I have tried switching the airplane mode on and off and reconnecting. I have tried switching the bluetooth on and off and reconnecting. I have powered off and removed the Sims card and tried reconnecting. It is very frustrating since IPhone users have no trouble. Other Android users are having the same problem here at work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Happened at my house WiFi is the WiFi password more long characters ??

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2014 10:03 AM
    Authentication error occurred in s5
    11-26-2014 10:27 AM
    I wish I had an answer... I wantto say that i have the same problem. My wife and I bought two S5s and hers accesses our wifi perfectly, and mine doesn’t...

Andre
    11-30-2014 05:46 PM
    The work WiFi, you might not be able to get the IT folks to work with you, but can you have them change the channel it is on?

At the very least, use a WiFi scanner to see if there are other WiFi signals interfering with the one you want.

When I lived in Phoenix, AZ I also experienced what you are talking about. I did a channel scan and then moved my WiFi router signal to the middle of the most unused channels. That solved my problem.

For the user who has problems at home, do the above and see if that will fix your problem. At the very least, just change the channel to 3, 4, 5, or 6. Get away from channel 11 as that is the standard frequency most Wifi routers are programed for at the factory.

Worst case, get a different router that will work on a different band totally away from the maddening crowd.
    11-30-2014 06:56 PM
    The work WiFi, you might not be able to get the IT folks to work with you, but can you have them change the channel it is on?

At the very least, use a WiFi scanner to see if there are other WiFi signals interfering with the one you want.

When I lived in Phoenix, AZ I also experienced what you are talking about. I did a channel scan and then moved my WiFi router signal to the middle of the most unused channels. That solved my problem.

For the user who has problems at home, do the above and see if that will fix your problem. At the very least, just change the channel to 3, 4, 5, or 6. Get away from channel 11 as that is the standard frequency most Wifi routers are programed for at the factory.

Worst case, get a different router that will work on a different band totally away from the maddening crowd.
    Im a technology dummy, what does this mean and how do I do it. 😅
    11-27-2016 03:53 PM