Why isn't S5 stock android message not deleting email on server?

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Recently (last month or so) on my Gal S5 I've noticed that deleting email on my phone does not delete it from my server. I have set "Delete email from server" to "When deleted from Inbox" (see Settings attached file). Not only does this not work, when I delete the email from the Trash folder it's still not deleted from my server. Most annoying is it shows up again in my Inbox when I sync again. Also, as shown in the attached "Trash" picture when I delete it a second time it shows up a second time in the Trash folder. Since I want to travel with this device being able to delete email once I've read it on my phone is important.

Both the S5 Phone and S3 Tablet are running Android 4.4.2. The Tablet just updated two weeks ago and the Facebook problem started.

Given this new problem along with Facebook crashing on my Galaxy S3 10.1 Tablet, I'm beginning to wonder if Android is beginning to die from dry rot. I need both these devices to work and not have to guess which apps run on which device. Message works on the Tablet, but Facebook crashes and Facebook works on the S5, but Message doesn't work. I stopped using Linux, unless I absolutely need it when I started having to jump through hoops to keep it working. My patience is growing thin.

I am really hoping these are easy problems to fix. So far the Facebook problem is on-going. (see AndoirdCentral 'Facebook app crashing/closing on Samsung Galaxy tob 3')

Help
Joe

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-19_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-19_Settings.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2014-09-19_Trash.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-19_Trash.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 25

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stock Anroid Message Not Deleting Email on Server

I don't like the stock email app. I turned it OFF.

I installed Blue Mail and have been very happy with it.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

The GUI on Blue Mail is very much like the one on your desktop PC, works very easy and intuitive.
mark an email as SPAM and it is gone, just like the Delete button does.

Super easy to see all of your inbox folders that you have created to keep your contact's emails stored in.

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion. I just installed Blue Mail and tried to configure it. I didn't see any way to connect to a POP3 server. Blue Mail seems to assume IMAP for "Other Email".

Your suggestion did cause me to look for alternative email clients. I tried MyMail and it reported there were no emails in my Inbox when I could see from my PC that there were two. I've un-installed both Blue Mail and MyMail. Looking through the 250 email apps I didn't see any others that I thought worth trying.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The stock app doesn't work very well for Samsung. I have had that issue on many of my Samsung phones. I would suggest finding a 3rd party email app and that will resolve your issue.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I tried Blue Mail also but it does not support POP......yet. They have been trying to get their email program to have POP support. I have moved on. You might want to check out K-9 Mail for it does support POP accounts. Another one is K-@ Mail (which is what I am now using). This one also supports POP accounts.

I had 3 POP accounts and 1 Gmail account. After having many issues with RoadRunner (which is a POP account) I changed all my emails over to a Gmail account. Yes it was a pain in the ****.....but.....I no longer have any issues.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.onegravity.k10.free&token=lpvemZIS

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&token=Rh9N_RGJ

Nope you find something that will work for you. Good Luck.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I also had MyMail for a while, but it had a couple of issues that caused me to look for something else.

My main email account is with Yahoo and it does have POP3 access which I use on my Desktop PC with Mozilla Thunderbird as the email client.

janoble

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Mojave. I downloaded and installed K9. I like the stock Email client, but think that's because I'm used to it. I'll leave K9 on my SG5 and see if I get used to it. I'm looking for a way to select individual emails for deletion and haven't found it yet. All I've found so far is Select All. Sure it's there somewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20