I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I link my Facebook profile to my phone. This gives me access (from the Contacts application) to phone numbers and emails of my friends whom have that information listed for friends to see.
    Emails and phone numbers from Facebook can not be exported or saved to the phone physically in any way that I am aware (probably due to security or something from Facebook)

Obviously the data is coming from somewhere and I want to know if there is a way to get this information. I assume rooting would be necessary, but I don't know enough to be sure.

Just for purposes of an example, I have tons of friends on Facebook that I have phone numbers for but I do not have them added to my phone/Google account because my S5 is relatively new. Some applications like Snapchat can search for friends using your contacts but it can only use local storage. Not from Facebook. I want to find a way around this other than manually adding each one of my 300 friends.
    09-20-2014 12:14 AM
    Welcome to AC
    If you go to settings > app settings > other settings > sync contacts and select that, that will add your FB friends' contact info to the device (if they have the option to share their number with friends at least)
    Welcome to AC
    If you go to settings > app settings > other settings > sync contacts and select that, that will add your FB friends' contact info to the device (if they have the option to share their number with friends at least)
    09-20-2014 01:22 AM
    Sorry, maybe I hadn't explained this thoroughly enough. I already have them synced in that way. I am looking for a way to keep the Facebook contacts on my phone even if I were to "unsync" my Facebook profile. Like have them saved to a Vcard file.
    09-20-2014 07:25 AM