Verizon NI2 update, any negative issues?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Daylight, I am finally awake enough to look around on the phone.

I have just now realized that the reason the 4g indicator is greyed out, may not have anything to do with the 4.4.4 upgrade.

Rather, it is a direct result of a MacroDroid macro that senses when the phone has a WiFi connection and then turns OFF data. I have to monitor my data usage as there are others on my Family Share Plan and it is easy for me to push it over the $$$ edge and start paying more bucks for data use. Especially if a WiFi is available, that is just dumb. So, MD turns off data, which greys out the 4g indicator.

I turned data ON just now, but the 4g indicator is still grey... so
confused.gif.pagespeed.ce.-vXoUhPBkF.gif

Dave Duecker

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have issues with Pandora?.......

Just stays on load screen....

Attachments

• 1411745023999.jpg
    1411745023999.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 1411745034100.jpg
    1411745034100.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 26

enfuego44

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Read in another forum that Verizon tech support stated that 4G symbol is on due to VoLTE upgrade. I received update this morning and the voicemail app prompted an upgrade. I started upgrade and it just gave me error message that stated "cannot connect to server..." I called verizon and 2nd level tech reset me on their end but it didn't work. So she submitted a ticket because it showed on her end that my number was not connecting to the gateway blah blah. I didn't here the VoLTE explanation until after I called though. Anybody also seeing both WiFi and 4G icons lit at the same time?

OWybPPgO

Geek Mom
Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing something and I don't know if it's due to the update. Pre update I streamed Bluetooth audio to my car and it updated the song title each time on my car display. Now it gets stuck on the first song title. The audio is fine, but the meta data isn't right. Anyone see anything like this or have a way to test? I'm using Google play music to stream.

ajmillinger

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
same issue with meta data and song title stuck on first song when bluetooth streaming from google play music. However, it's only on certain albums. Some work fine, others get stuck. I can't figure it out for the life of me

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon update to 4.4.4 destroys all of your voice mail box info.

You will NOT have any voice mail capabilities until you go through the process of setting it up all over again.

And, those idiots chose to block you from entering repetitive digits in your password. I have always used the same digit 4 times in a row as a password. They will not allow that now, you can't even enter two identical digits in a row.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon update to 4.4.4 destroys all of your voice mail box info.

You will NOT have any voice mail capabilities until you go through the process of setting it up all over again.

My Verizon update to 4.4.4 went well. But I do agree that the voice mail did destroy all my voice mail box info. Had to reset everything back up and that was a little confusing. Also don't like the new gray color it shows once you have listened to the vm. I declined the upgrade (trial period) but it will still show the text of the vm so you can read it. Hate that....I don't want that.

I wish we can have options to accept these software updates or NOT.

EDIT: Also noticed that my battery is lasting much longer. :D

Last edited:

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a quite significant improvement in battery life since the 4.4.4 update from Vz. I installed the "regular" visual voice mail and declined the "free trial" of the enhanced VVM (the one that actually transforms v erbal voice mails to text format for you to read discretely). The "regular" VVM is still kind of nice as it gives you direct audio access to your VM's without having to dial in to you VM and enter your PIN. Overall I'm quite happy with 4.4.4.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon website and turned off the HD VM feature period.

I don't need it, and it only works with another VZW phone that also has the same features. for me, that is nada, zilch, no one.

Therefore it is useless, so I turned it off and restored my original Basic Voice Mail which worked very well, thank you.

ericsalach

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Since the update, my phone will power off while charging over night, and will not power on, unless I pull the battery out, then reinstall. This happened over the weekend, and today.

Today it powered off about three hours into the day, where I needed to pull the battery out again.

This is pretty frustrating, any ideas. or anyone else have this problem.

I only have 16GB card.

kurb16

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The recent galaxy NI2 update that included streaming fixes broke song title display. First song title will display, but will not change with each new song played. I'm using rhapsody. I'm also experiencing texting issue. Where is the quality check before issuing an update?????

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't play music, too much tinnitus and can't enjoy it anymore....

so, was not aware of that problem. Guess we will have to wait for 5.0 before that gets resolved.

Myboys72

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Kurt 16

Im having the same music play problem.... 443 kk my music played and displayed with no problem. I hope 5.0 fixes this major problem..

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995