Want SMS beeps ON and Gmail beeps OFF

e-Patient Dave

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I've combed the forums and haven't found THIS notifications issue. It used to work fine on my S4, but I can't find it on the S5.

I do want SMS to beep. I don't want Gmail to. All I can find is a single Notifications slider in Sound settings.

I get dizzy trying to figure out the 42 different places where sounds can be set, selected, turned on and off.... help!

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Select the label you want, then in the upper right corner there is a triple vertical dot, click that and select Label Settings, then there is a section on that page call notifications, on the sound click it, then if you just have stock (I have Zedge too so I get a complete using) it should pull up Ringtones. Scroll all the way to the top, you should have Silent as the second options. At least my Sprint S5 does. Then repeat for the other labels you have.

e-Patient Dave

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
OOOHHHHHH! It's under LABEL SETTINGS??? What a cute, intuitive place to put a notification setting, when everywhere else Notification is a top-level setting of its own.

AND then, I have to turn notifications ON (so I get the on-screen ones) but set the sound to SILENT. Wow.

I'm sure glad I asked. :) Thank you! Do I get to buy you a virtual brew or something??