11-11-2017 12:53 PM
31 12
tools
    Is there a setting I need to change so all my photos go to the SD?
    09-25-2014 05:30 PM
    When you first fire up the camera after setting up your phone, a dialog box should offer you the option. If not, then it's in the camera settimgs

Posted via Android Central App
    09-25-2014 05:35 PM
    Yes, but that depends on the camera. If you're using the Stock Camera, there should be a Gear icon (or just hit SETTINGS). In there, yet again, go to the Gear tab and scroll down to STORAGE. There you can select to store either in your internal memory or SD Card.

BUT I strongly suggest you save pictures to internal memory and that you back up either on a PC or Cloud service regularly if you choose the SD Card. Those tend to fail, and you'll be sorry when your latest vacation is wiped clean because of a faulty card.
    09-25-2014 05:35 PM
    so what is the advantage of having a SD card? none?
    09-25-2014 05:58 PM
    I'm beginning to wonder.
    09-25-2014 08:51 PM
    so what is the advantage of having a SD card? none?
    Seriously? Lol. You can store tons of pics, music and movies on the SD card. I've never had a problem with my SD card but I do back my photos up on my computer every once in a while as I should.
    oditius and Michel Merlin like this.
    09-25-2014 08:59 PM
    Seriously? Lol. You can store tons of pics, music and movies on the SD card. I've never had a problem with my SD card but I do back my photos up on my computer every once in a while as I should.
    There is a very very old computer adage that says "Back it up, Back it up,Back it up,"

SD card, or internal memory, either way, it can break somehow, someway. ie, you dropped it and a truck ran over the phone. You just lost both the internal memory and the SD card.
    09-25-2014 09:02 PM
    There is a very very old computer adage that says "Back it up, Back it up,Back it up,"

SD card, or internal memory, either way, it can break somehow, someway. ie, you dropped it and a truck ran over the phone. You just lost both the internal memory and the SD card.
    Exactly. I think most people are more likely to break the phone than to have an SD card fail.
    oditius and Michel Merlin like this.
    09-25-2014 09:04 PM
    I backup the photos I wish to keep to the cloud. I use the sd card as intermediate storage. Two reason for this are.

1. The photos are physically away from the phone. If I lose the phone the sd card is lost also.

2. Secondly if I want to send a photo to someone I just send a link and save the issue of compression from the carrier that way. A 16 MP photo goes to hell in hand basket sending via email or text.

One reason in addition that only matters to me is I'm doing work and research in cloud storage ... so using it helps. I have over 100 Gb of cloud storage to play with ..... so why not just use it.
    JoAnn Ridgeway and lordbear like this.
    09-25-2014 10:08 PM
    I've had an SD card on my last three smartphones, and I store all photos and music on it. I've never had a problem.

When the gallery gets full, I connect my phone to my PC and transfer them. Who wants a zillion pics in your gallery that you have to scroll through anyway?
    Michel Merlin and lordbear like this.
    09-25-2014 10:11 PM
    Precisely.

I have about a 100 pix now, and those are going to get whittled down tomorrow.

That is just too many to have on the phone at one time.
    09-25-2014 10:13 PM
    Storing it on sdcard is perfectly fine, unless you have a crappy sdcard to begin with.
    Michel Merlin likes this.
    09-25-2014 11:19 PM
    Exactly. I think most people are more likely to break the phone than to have an SD card fail.
    I'm just speaking from personal experience. All Samsung phones (never broken, by the way ), SanDisk, A-Data, PNY, Samsung, Kingston. All corrupted, all causing the dreaded "Media Scanning" battery drain, and once I did lose pictures from a non-connected trip.

SanDisk even acknowledged this and would send you a replacement card with no question asked as long as you mentioned that your card was manufactured prior to 2012 and were using a Samsung phone. So I'm not too paranoid about SD cards, I'm actually paranoid about the way Sammy phones handle them.

Actually I once read that 1 in a 1000 bits on every SD card could potentially fail... Now we're dealing with 32, 64, 128 Billion bits. You do the math.
    jmagid51 likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:15 AM
    I went into settings - storgae and did not see the option to save pictures to external memory.

I used to have it set up until I changed the SD card.

Any idea how to fix it?
    01-27-2015 12:11 PM
    Were you in phone settings or camera settings? You should be in camera settings. If your phone does not list "memory card" as a choice, then your phone is not recognizing your card.

I went into settings - storgae and did not see the option to save pictures to external memory.

I used to have it set up until I changed the SD card.

Any idea how to fix it?
    01-27-2015 03:14 PM
    Is there a setting I need to change so all my photos go to the SD?
    06-06-2015 01:19 AM
    I never used an SD card until recently and it started putting them there the moment I put it in. I can't remember, but it may have asked me if I wanted to put them there. Anyways, here is where the setting is supposed to be:
    How do I change my setting to have all photos go to SD card?-screenshot_2015-06-06-02-11-43.png
    06-06-2015 02:02 AM
    When I open up the stock camera on my S5, there is the gear icon - but there is no storage option in the menu. Where else might I find it?
    thanks.
    06-10-2015 08:07 AM
    When I open up the stock camera on my S5, there is the gear icon - but there is no storage option in the menu. Where else might I find it?
    thanks.
    Look VERY closely when you open your settings... you will see a scroll bar on the right side. Slide the screen up a bit and you'll see a whole bunch more settings (including the storage location) down there.
    pegn and Ds Vtoutain like this.
    06-10-2015 11:28 AM
    I've been looking for the storage option all morning, and I can't believe I didn't see the scroll bar. Thank you!!!!
    mmcarn likes this.
    06-25-2015 10:18 AM
    Dumb question - I just installed my SD card and now get the message that all photos will be stored there by default. They've always been stored on the phone before, but have been automatically backed up in my Google account. Will they still backup in my Google account if I click OK to changing the default storage to my SD card?
    07-07-2015 01:31 PM
    Dumb question - I just installed my SD card and now get the message that all photos will be stored there by default. They've always been stored on the phone before, but have been automatically backed up in my Google account. Will they still backup in my Google account if I click OK to changing the default storage to my SD card?
    Yes.
    07-07-2015 02:20 PM
    on my camera I have the storage locations, but it's blacked out with phone under it, how do I change it?
    07-09-2015 01:27 PM
    on my camera I have the storage locations, but it's blacked out with phone under it, how do I change it?
    1. Ensure that you have a compatible, external, SD card installed

2. Go to... Settings > Easy mode... and select Standard mode

3. Go to... Camera > Settings > Storage location (scroll down)... select, "Memory card"
    07-09-2015 01:33 PM
    did 1. & 2. go to camera- settings- storage location says phone, doesn't even give me the option to click it to change...its black out really annoying
    07-09-2015 02:44 PM
31 12