How do I Eliminate Email and Phone Notifications?

Imperia

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Eliminate Email and Phone Notifications, Like For Real

Hey Everybody,

I tried to look around and find this answer, but I can't find it anywhere and it seems like such a stupid, little problem. During the day, I'm constantly getting work-related phone calls and emails from people. This is all fine, because I do need to receive the calls and emails. However, when I'm trying to do something on the phone, it's incredibly annoying to keep hitting 'Clear' to remove the Missed Call notifications. This is in addition to the red 1,2,3, etc. notifications that show up on the Phone app or Email app.

I have Blocking Mode on...it's great and it definitely feels nice not having to see the Incoming Call screen, BUT this still is a long way from any sort of 'Do Not Disturb' time that I'm looking for. I have tried all of the different Settings in the phone, I believe and I'm at a dead-end.

I like to have both icons on my Homescreen, because most of the time, I need them but I really, really want to find a way to calm my OCD and not have to push 'Clear' 100 times/day.

Can someone please help? I would really appreciate it!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Eliminate Email and Phone Notifications, Like For Real

This same topic came up a couple months ago, likewise from a user in the corporate world who has hundreds of calls a day, and emails and texts...

He got it fixed, but I can't remember how.

I'm lucky to have enough friends to leave me a message, so no problems here.
ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif

Imperia

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

This same topic came up a couple months ago, likewise from a user in the corporate world who has hundreds of calls a day, and emails and texts...

I'm lucky to have enough friends to leave me a message, so no problems here.

Thanks for the reply. Well, at least that gives me hope lol. I tried to find the thread you mentioned, but didn't see it.

Anybody?

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

I was going to say to pull up the app in the settings > app and un-tick the "show notifications" option. The phone app seems to have this option grayed out, but you should be able to do so with your email app.

Imperia

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I was going to say to pull up the app in the settings > app and un-tick the "show notifications" option. The phone app seems to have this option grayed out, but you should be able to do so with your email app.

Yea, I tried that too. Thank you though. Anyone else have an answer?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm lucky to have enough friends to leave me a message, so no problems here. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/images/emoticons/ROFL.gif.pagespeed.ce.uQ-xVOmh9m.gif

I've been cogitating on this ever since you posted first.....

I'm working right now with MacroDroid to see if it can help you, and me....

Plus Sign, create a new Macro

Trigger: Incoming Notification.

From: 3 choices here Any, Matches, Contains. I chose ANY.

Actions: Stop Existing Sound

Play/Stop Sound might work here. I use "Chirps" as my SMS notification and it can stop chirps.
Send SMS is an option also, you might send an SMS back to the caller to say you are busy, but if they used a land line, that won't work. Verizon Alerts sound is in that list, also "Existing Sound" is an option.

Try as I might though, I don't see a way to stop an incoming telco call from beeping you.
There should be a way to make all calls just forward to voice mail when you are already talking.

I think you need to install MacroDroid and experiment with it. It will only cost you a few minutes to see if it will work.

Imperia

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I've been cogitating on this ever since you posted first.....

I'm working right now with MacroDroid to see if it can help you, and me....

Plus Sign, create a new Macro

Trigger: Incoming Notification.

From: 3 choices here Any, Matches, Contains. I chose ANY.

Actions: Stop Existing Sound

Play/Stop Sound might work here. I use "Chirps" as my SMS notification and it can stop chirps.
Send SMS is an option also, you might send an SMS back to the caller to say you are busy, but if they used a land line, that won't work. Verizon Alerts sound is in that list, also "Existing Sound" is an option.

Try as I might though, I don't see a way to stop an incoming telco call from beeping you.
There should be a way to make all calls just forward to voice mail when you are already talking.

I think you need to install MacroDroid and experiment with it. It will only cost you a few minutes to see if it will work.

I appreciate the time and effort, thank you. I'm gonna look into MacroDroid and see if I can come up with anything. If you do figure something definitive out, please pop back into the thread again with an update. Props for using the word 'cogitating' too, by the way haha

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate the time and effort, thank you. I'm gonna look into MacroDroid and see if I can come up with anything. If you do figure something definitive out, please pop back into the thread again with an update. Props for using the word 'cogitating' too, by the way haha

You are welcome,

I have since come across some menu options in the dialer itself that might help you.

Bring up the dialer, hit the 3 dots for the menu, and then Settings,
check out all of that stuff,
Especially the one for Call Alerts.

You can literally stop all notifications during a phone call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis