Should I bother replacing my device?

puremeerkat

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So the other idea my charging port cover fell of. I don't know if I should bother sending it in and be without a phone for a while. I do enjoy the water resistance though... what do you guys think? Idk if those aftermarket covers offer actual water resistance.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
For me?

Not worth the effort, or the inconvenience.

This is the very first phone that claimed to be water proof, oops, resistant... that I have owned.

I lost one in a puddle a few years back, total accident.... I remedied that little problem by always attaching a neck/hand strap to the phone/case.

With my old Galaxy S, it had a built in neck strap loop.

With my new S5, I bought a military grade case and just tied the neck strap to that.

Put the phone in my shirt pocket and the strap over my neck.

Problem solved.... unless I don't put the strap where it belongs.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's definitely not worth the hassle. Those port covers are very cheaply made. From what I understand you can just order one online.

Posted via the Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
For me personally its not worth it. Once mine came off I just left it alone. The water resistance isn't a huge deal to me. As another poster said you can buy the part on eBay for cheap and replace it yourself.

Posted via Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Replace it and order the wireless charging back!!
Since I did this I very rarely open the USB cover ( just to reroot after the last update).