WiFi and 4.4.4

Freedogshere

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I updated my GS5 to 4.4.4 and everything seems to be working fine but my phone seems slow to connect to WiFi at both my home and at work now. I get a message on my phone stating that WiFi is waiting for the signal quality to improve before connecting. I've looked at the settings and nothing seems different. Is anyone else having this issue? Any known fixes?

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am about to find out on that............ the Verizon 4.4.4 update just rebooted my phone w/o my permission.

I have auto updates turned OFF and it did it anyway.

as I type this, the ugly red screen is all I can see, waiting for the phone to figure out just what it thinks the world is.

Message says: Android is upgrading 2 out of 225.
Oh joy.......

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope, it takes my S5 about 2 seconds to lock onto and connect to my home WiFi.

This is something that I experience every time I unlock the phone.

Why? Because I use MacroDroid to turn off the internet when the screen is locked, and then when the screen is unlocked, MacroDroid turns the internet back on.

That means I get to see the little notification when the WiFi connects, and it is fast, and the same short delay every time.

If you are having problems, I suggest that you investigate your WiFi environment with https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=de.android.wifiscanner&token=isx_uABT

I bought the premium version because of its' much more advanced features.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=de.android.wifioverviewpro&token=rece67Ux

Look to see if there are interfering WiFi signals on or near your channel. Also, Channel 11 is the most common channel and that is a darn good reason to change your wifi router to something different.... I moved mine to Ch 6.

No one around me at that channel.

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have also created an additional macro in MacroDroid.

This one senses if the WiFi is connect to any network, and if it is, it turns off DATA.

Easy to do,, and it keeps me from over running my Data Allowance $$$$

MacroDroid macro

Trigger: Connect to Network (any network )
Action: Data OFF

Constraints: none

it is that simple, and a Wallet $aver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy