Picasa album

laurenterry93

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So i have looked at various directions on how to delete the Picasa album on my phone and nothing is working. i even went on my gmail and delete pictures from there to see if it would sync with my phone and it didnt work. I am running out of ideas on what to do. has anyone been able to figure it out for the galaxy s5?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

1. First, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Picasa (it might also be called Gallery or Google Photos, but not Google+ Photos).

2. Next, go to your App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. This will not erase any photos.

3. Open Gallery, and wait for it to rebuild its database. The Picasa folder should be gone.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

1. First, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Picasa (it might also be called Gallery or Google Photos, but not Google+ Photos).

2. Next, go to your App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. This will not erase any photos.

3. Open Gallery, and wait for it to rebuild its database. The Picasa folder should be gone.

I did all that and I still get prompts that Picasso wants me to log in.... I hate it!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I did all that and I still get prompts that Picasso wants me to log in.... I hate it!!!

It may be that there is some other app that is trying to access Picasa. Some devices may have preinstalled Picasa interfaces that are separate from the syncing that occurs with the stock Gallery. Go through your App Manager or Settings>Apps>All list, and see if there is something along the lines of "Picasa Uploader." If you find something like that, Disable it.