This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Nothing has changed about my internet, no upgrades or anything. I have the Comcast Blast service and it's supposed to be 50mbps, although they advertise they're doubling speeds on their plans. Could it be that the S5 just has a better wifi chipset than my iPad/iPhone 5 and is actually capable of a connection this quick?

Either way I'm stoked and can't believe I'm actually reaching these speeds
djYk5ai.jpg

EDIT: I'm running the phone on ART runtime, it runs surprisingly well on ART and I've had no issues unlike some of the threads I've seen. Could this have any positive effect towards this performance I'm seeing?

Last edited:

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
OMG.... that's crazy. Mine kinda sucks.... compared. LOL

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-03-13-40-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-03-13-40-01.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 181

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Nothing has changed about my internet, no upgrades or anything. I have the Comcast Blast service and it's supposed to be 50mbps, although they advertise they're doubling speeds on their plans. Could it be that the S5 just has a better wifi chipset than my iPad/iPhone 5 and is actually capable of a connection this quick?

That is ridiculous fast. Very nice!

Either way I'm stoked and can't believe I'm actually reaching these speeds View attachment 139499

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
looks to me like you got the speed bump from Comcast. What does your computer get?
I hardly ever, ever, ever use my laptop anymore and the last time I checked on there was months ago, but it was around 50-60mbps when I did. It was right after I had hooked up a new modem and router.

This is the only time (so far) that I've had speed test results like this. But throughout the day, even during peak hours, it always tests close to 60 if not more. I never got speeds like this on my iPhone, and my iPad doesn't come close either

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks good here Fido Lte Toronto Canada

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-23-41-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-23-41-06.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 121

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not home at the moment but this is the last test I ran on my WiFi (Asus router w/ AC technology and Comcast).

uru4y8yd.jpg

Since you are on WIFI, I have no idea why your S5 would have faster speed than your computer is.

My speeds are identical wired and WiFi when connected to AC 5Ghz band. The ping is slightly higher on WiFi though.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 139499

EDIT: I'm running the phone on ART runtime, it runs surprisingly well on ART and I've had no issues unlike some of the threads I've seen. Could this have any positive effect towards this performance I'm seeing?

What for a router are you using?

Galaxy S5

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
This one doesn't suck

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-04-14-17-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-04-14-17-21.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 74

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 139499

No, art doesn't have any effects. Art is still in beta. I just returned my nexus 7 2013 back to dalvik. I have some intensive memory apps that art struggles with.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 139499

Are you on a Fiber network like Verizon Fios ?

OMG.... that's crazy. Mine kinda sucks.... compared. LOL

Mine is about what yours is . I'm on Roadrunner /Timewarner .

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
What for a router are you using?

Galaxy S5
I'm running a Netgear N900. Right before I bought it I tried a Linksys AC router because I thought "hey I'm going to upgrade my devices in the future, I might as well have the best possible connection when they show up". Except the thing SUCKED on all my devices, it was super slow and connections didn't go very far. I purchased the N900 for my aunt about two months prior as she wanted a router that would reach her guest house about 50 yards away and it did the job well. So I went back and exchanged the Linksys for that. I can stream movies in my hammock in my back yard all day long without a single issue.

Are you on a Fiber network like Verizon Fios ?

Mine is about what yours is . I'm on Roadrunner /Timewarner .
It very well could be a fiber network leading up to the HUB that's near my house, I don't think it runs straight through though. I can run basically any Comcast service I desire at my location, so I would assume fiber has to be ran very close up to my address for me to have those options

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm running a Netgear N900. Right before I bought it I tried a Linksys AC router because I thought "hey I'm going to upgrade my devices in the future, I might as well have the best possible connection when they show up". Except the thing SUCKED on all my devices, it was super slow and connections didn't go very far. I purchased the N900 for my aunt about two months prior as she wanted a router that would reach her guest house about 50 yards away and it did the job well. So I went back and exchanged the Linksys for that. I can stream movies in my hammock in my back yard all day long without a single issue.

It very well could be a fiber network leading up to the HUB that's near my house, I don't think it runs straight through though. I can run basically any Comcast service I desire at my location, so I would assume fiber has to be ran very close up to my address for me to have those options
Almost all nodes are fiber equipped (according to the supervisor tech in my area mine isn't but I think he's on something - talked to him because our area is extremely over subscribed. The node is overwhelmed at night and I go from 50-65/13 to 3/13).

To put it simply: from Comcast's 'main servers' to the node is all ran on fiber. Then the 'last mile' is ran from the node to your house with copper wiring, unless of course you have a fiber provider like Google Fiber or AT&T U-Verse.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I take it none of you live in the sticks and only have dsl available. Kind of sad that my data connection is way faster than my home network. Even worse is I get no cell signal at the house, so I don't even have the option of jumping on to the data network for faster speeds even if I need to. fml.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-05-01-01-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-05-01-01-30.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 44

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 139499

That's crazy!

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I get about double on my S5 compared to my old iPhone on WiFi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-05-07-59-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-05-07-59-37.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 38

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star