Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
10-10-2014 12:47 PM
41 12
tools
    Nothing has changed about my internet, no upgrades or anything. I have the Comcast Blast service and it's supposed to be 50mbps, although they advertise they're doubling speeds on their plans. Could it be that the S5 just has a better wifi chipset than my iPad/iPhone 5 and is actually capable of a connection this quick?

Either way I'm stoked and can't believe I'm actually reaching these speeds
    This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-djyk5ai.jpg

EDIT: I'm running the phone on ART runtime, it runs surprisingly well on ART and I've had no issues unlike some of the threads I've seen. Could this have any positive effect towards this performance I'm seeing?
    10-03-2014 12:33 PM
    OMG.... that's crazy. Mine kinda sucks.... compared. LOL

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-10-03-13-40-01.jpg  
    10-03-2014 12:41 PM
    Nothing has changed about my internet, no upgrades or anything. I have the Comcast Blast service and it's supposed to be 50mbps, although they advertise they're doubling speeds on their plans. Could it be that the S5 just has a better wifi chipset than my iPad/iPhone 5 and is actually capable of a connection this quick?

That is ridiculous fast. Very nice!

Either way I'm stoked and can't believe I'm actually reaching these speeds Click image for larger version. 

Name:	djYk5ai.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	139499
    10-03-2014 12:48 PM
    Since you are on WIFI, I have no idea why your S5 would have faster speed than your computer is.
    10-03-2014 03:00 PM

Does this make you feel better lol

Posted from my S5
    Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-10-03-21-02-41.jpg  
    indigogrl79 likes this.
    10-03-2014 03:03 PM
    looks to me like you got the speed bump from Comcast. What does your computer get?
    10-03-2014 03:11 PM
    looks to me like you got the speed bump from Comcast. What does your computer get?
    I hardly ever, ever, ever use my laptop anymore and the last time I checked on there was months ago, but it was around 50-60mbps when I did. It was right after I had hooked up a new modem and router.

This is the only time (so far) that I've had speed test results like this. But throughout the day, even during peak hours, it always tests close to 60 if not more. I never got speeds like this on my iPhone, and my iPad doesn't come close either
    10-03-2014 03:34 PM
    the S5 does have a AC wireless chip in it, and that is significantly faster than N
    10-03-2014 03:37 PM
    Looks good here Fido Lte Toronto Canada

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-04-23-23-41-06.jpg  
    10-03-2014 05:23 PM
    I'm not home at the moment but this is the last test I ran on my WiFi (Asus router w/ AC technology and Comcast).

Since you are on WIFI, I have no idea why your S5 would have faster speed than your computer is.
    My speeds are identical wired and WiFi when connected to AC 5Ghz band. The ping is slightly higher on WiFi though.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-03-2014 05:34 PM

Click image for larger version. 

EDIT: I'm running the phone on ART runtime, it runs surprisingly well on ART and I've had no issues unlike some of the threads I've seen. Could this have any positive effect towards this performance I'm seeing?
    What for a router are you using?

Galaxy S5
    10-04-2014 05:34 AM
    This one doesn't suck

using SM-G900H KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0X1
    I9505 WARRANTY VOID 0X0 in vacation
    Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-10-04-14-17-21.jpg  
    10-04-2014 06:18 AM

10-04-2014 07:10 AM

No, art doesn't have any effects. Art is still in beta. I just returned my nexus 7 2013 back to dalvik. I have some intensive memory apps that art struggles with.

10-04-2014 08:17 AM

Are you on a Fiber network like Verizon Fios ?

Mine is about what yours is . I'm on Roadrunner /Timewarner .
    10-04-2014 02:32 PM
    What for a router are you using?

Galaxy S5
    I'm running a Netgear N900. Right before I bought it I tried a Linksys AC router because I thought "hey I'm going to upgrade my devices in the future, I might as well have the best possible connection when they show up". Except the thing SUCKED on all my devices, it was super slow and connections didn't go very far. I purchased the N900 for my aunt about two months prior as she wanted a router that would reach her guest house about 50 yards away and it did the job well. So I went back and exchanged the Linksys for that. I can stream movies in my hammock in my back yard all day long without a single issue.

Are you on a Fiber network like Verizon Fios ?

Mine is about what yours is . I'm on Roadrunner /Timewarner .
    It very well could be a fiber network leading up to the HUB that's near my house, I don't think it runs straight through though. I can run basically any Comcast service I desire at my location, so I would assume fiber has to be ran very close up to my address for me to have those options
    10-04-2014 04:14 PM
    I'm running a Netgear N900. Right before I bought it I tried a Linksys AC router because I thought "hey I'm going to upgrade my devices in the future, I might as well have the best possible connection when they show up". Except the thing SUCKED on all my devices, it was super slow and connections didn't go very far. I purchased the N900 for my aunt about two months prior as she wanted a router that would reach her guest house about 50 yards away and it did the job well. So I went back and exchanged the Linksys for that. I can stream movies in my hammock in my back yard all day long without a single issue.

It very well could be a fiber network leading up to the HUB that's near my house, I don't think it runs straight through though. I can run basically any Comcast service I desire at my location, so I would assume fiber has to be ran very close up to my address for me to have those options
    Almost all nodes are fiber equipped (according to the supervisor tech in my area mine isn't but I think he's on something - talked to him because our area is extremely over subscribed. The node is overwhelmed at night and I go from 50-65/13 to 3/13).

To put it simply: from Comcast's 'main servers' to the node is all ran on fiber. Then the 'last mile' is ran from the node to your house with copper wiring, unless of course you have a fiber provider like Google Fiber or AT&T U-Verse.
    10-04-2014 07:06 PM
    I take it none of you live in the sticks and only have dsl available. Kind of sad that my data connection is way faster than my home network. Even worse is I get no cell signal at the house, so I don't even have the option of jumping on to the data network for faster speeds even if I need to. fml.

Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-10-05-01-01-30.jpg  
    10-05-2014 12:05 AM

That's crazy!

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3!
    10-05-2014 01:55 AM
    I get about double on my S5 compared to my old iPhone on WiFi.

Attached Thumbnails This phone is insane. I never reached these speeds on my iOS devices.-screenshot_2014-10-05-07-59-37.jpg  
    10-05-2014 01:59 AM
    Almost all nodes are fiber equipped (according to the supervisor tech in my area mine isn't but I think he's on something - talked to him because our area is extremely over subscribed. The node is overwhelmed at night and I go from 50-65/13 to 3/13).

To put it simply: from Comcast's 'main servers' to the node is all ran on fiber. Then the 'last mile' is ran from the node to your house with copper wiring, unless of course you have a fiber provider like Google Fiber or AT&T U-Verse.
    Well my house is two doors down from a decent sized/updated shopping center, and there's a piece of land that's soon to be developed so I'm sure there's no doubt that the fiber wire runs up to the node that's right off the corner of the intersection the shopping center is on. There's one up the road a couple blocks too, but I think it's an AT&T hub.

Now I just wish ALL my connected devices had speeds this quick!
    10-05-2014 08:25 AM

It's likely the antenna, I couldn't get anywhere near 30 mbps on my gs3 and in certain areas I wouldn't even have a signal, with the iPhone 6+ I can get up to 60mbps and get a strong signal in areas which I couldn't before.

It's nothing to do with any OS, just has to do with the antennas in the device.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    10-05-2014 09:52 AM
    Well my house is two doors down from a decent sized/updated shopping center, and there's a piece of land that's soon to be developed so I'm sure there's no doubt that the fiber wire runs up to the node that's right off the corner of the intersection the shopping center is on. There's one up the road a couple blocks too, but I think it's an AT&T hub.

Now I just wish ALL my connected devices had speeds this quick!
    Just curious, have you tried a hardwire speedtest?
    10-05-2014 11:13 AM

The reading you were getting was for your WIFI not 4g. So what ever network you were logged into is really good .
    10-05-2014 12:56 PM
    It's likely the antenna, I couldn't get anywhere near 30 mbps on my gs3 and in certain areas I wouldn't even have a signal, with the iPhone 6+ I can get up to 60mbps and get a strong signal in areas which I couldn't before.

It's nothing to do with any OS, just has to do with the antennas in the device.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    I know it's not due to either OS being better than the other, my iPad and iPhone are both about 2 years old, my laptop three. So I figured the wifi chip/antenna in the S5 has got to be better the others

Just curious, have you tried a hardwire speedtest?
    I have but it's been almost a year since I have, when I first hooked the new router up

The reading you were getting was for your WIFI not 4g. So what ever network you were logged into is really good .
    I know it's my wifi and not the LTE network in town. The test was on my home network and it's a Comcast server. I was just incredibly surprised to see that this phone is capable of that connection speed in my network, whereas any other device I've had paired to it was half that at most
    10-05-2014 01:20 PM
41 12