Text Messages Coming Back Blank??

laurajane81

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a new issue that started today. Anytime I receive a new text message my phone goes nuts alerting me to texts from people I've long deleted the convos for. The issue is, they are blank. It's like anyone I ever texted is all texting me at once, but they're not. It just shows up as a blank message. I know i'm not the only person with this issue, a friend of mine is complaining of the same thing. Is anyone else experiencing this?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
First that I have been made aware of this issue.

Which SMS app are you using?

And, have you powered the phone OFF and then back ON ? That fixes a LOT of weird stuff quite often.

If that don't do the job, clear the partition cache * Cache partition: Clear it out

Power it OFF.

then Hold Volume Low button, Home Key button, Power Button until it reboots

Then follow the menu to Clear Cache Partition

laurajane81

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Message app and so far have tried turning off. It didn't work. I just tried the cache clearing. We'll see what happens. Thanks!

I may switch it to the Message+ app to see if that helps too.

laurajane81

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI - the message+ app makes it worse. It brings back entire conversations. So far, nothing works.

It hasn't been right since the Verizon update.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it is my opinion that both of you need to contact a Verizon Tech Rep and have them delete and then configure your messaging.

The problem is on the server side, not on your phone.

laurajane81

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
So far so good. I've received a text with no issue. Worth the reset to anyone else experiencing the same thing. I was getting about 15-20 notices with blank messages at once anytime I received a new text.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, chatted with tech support and the only answer seemed to be doing a factory reset. Hoping this fixed it. We will see.

That is an inane answer from a Script Reader.

I will buy you a whole box of donuts if a FR helps you out at all. It is the Server that is doing the dirty work.

That Script Reader just caused you the loss of a couple of days work putting your S5 back like it was.

GIRLIERAE1

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
So far it has been ok. The factory reset seemed to fix the issue. Its worth it to anyone else experiencing the problem.

I was having the same problem yesterday as well. I also called Verizon tech support and they had no clue. She advised me to clear my cashe on my text messages under settings and to put my phone in safe mode. If the problem still existed then that means it's a phone issue. If it does not happen again, it must be an app on the phone. I'm going to test this out and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay