Cannot put songs on Music Play to SanDisk card

jaybird28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
So after putting 2000 songs from my iPhone library to Google Music Play I figured out I can't upload to my 64gig card on my S5. What's my next move to make this happen because I have eaten up all my memory on the new phone

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you download music directly from the Google Play Music app, it's only for the app's use--it can't be played by 3rd party apps. In order to put the music on your SD card for use by other music apps, your best bet is to download the music to your computer (either directly from your Google Music Library website, or by using the Google Music Manager program). Insert your SD card directly into the computer's SD slot (using a fullsize SD adapter), and then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the music into your Music folder (keeping the same folder hierarchy of Artist>Album>Song). See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...tting-started-android-2014-a.html#post3707505

jaybird28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thank for the detailed response. Once I get the music on my ScanCard, can I delete it out of Music Play to get back some memory??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835