How do I stop CC/BCC emails that I send?

andrew_santo

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Stop CC/BCC emails that I send

Does anyone know how to stop emails that I send from my Galaxy S5 phone from being sent to my own inbox via CC/BCC? I see there is a setting, but it doesn't appear that I can stop the emails.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Stop CC/BCC emails that I send

The only time I have ever had outbound emails end up in my Inbox is when I purposely included myself as a recipient.

Some email programs have an option to automatically include yourself as a copy of the sent email. I suggest that you search for the option to turn that off.

Blue Mail is a very nice app, why not give it a try to see if you like it?

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

whyte32

May 18, 2015
Visit site

This is happening to me despite selecting "None" under the options. It will not accept this and reverts back to " always cc/bcc to my email" Most annoying didn't use to do this before Lollipop update or before resetting my phone to factory settings. Can anyone offer help without loading a 3rd party app.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

This is happening to me despite selecting "None" under the options. It will not accept this and reverts back to " always cc/bcc to my email" Most annoying didn't use to do this before Lollipop update or before resetting my phone to factory settings. Can anyone offer help without loading a 3rd party app.

Hello and welcome to Android Central whyte32!

Try clearing the email apps cache and data and wiping the phone's cache partition, as per the steps and videos in #1.5 and #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

whyte32

May 18, 2015
Visit site

Cleared the system email app and also the Cache partition but problem is still there - when I select None it does not accept it and stays with cc/bcc myself.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

whyte32

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I have now done a Factory reset and I still have the problem.
Is this a Lollipop OS issue or a Samsung issue or just mine... ?

Really Frustrating. Please note carrier is O2.

Anyone got any suggestions ?
:(

whyte32

May 18, 2015
Visit site

UPDATE.
I have had a Samsung Tech remotely access my S5 and he agrees the instruction "NONE" is not being recognised or actioned. He asked his colleague who also uses a S5 running lollipop and hey presto his is selected to "NONE" but still shows below Always cc/bcc to my email". This is only an issue if you use a 2nd email client other than the phone which then receives a copy email, and not to the phone.
I have checked with other S5 users running Lollipop and this issue also applies. Probably a Stock Samsung Email App., issue but can't seem to get Samsung to own the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol