acore problem fixed now I have other issues

Penthor

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy s5 active v4.4.2. Deleted contact storage data to fix the "android.process.acore has stopped" problem, now I don't have access to ringtones, alarm sounds, and when I take pics they don't appear in my Gallery. There may also be other problems I have not found yet. I'm new to smart phones but have built and configured several computers. Do I need yo do a factory reset? And if so what will I lose? TIA

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s5 active v4.4.2. Deleted contact storage data to fix the "android.process.acore has stopped" problem, now I don't have access to ringtones, alarm sounds, and when I take pics they don't appear in my Gallery. There may also be other problems I have not found yet. I'm new to smart phones but have built and configured several computers. Do I need yo do a factory reset? And if so what will I lose? TIA

I would reboot into recovery and clear the system cache. Probably a conflict error giving you grief.

Penthor

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Golf, thx, I cleared the cache, but still have all the same problems. Will I lose the preinstalled apps with a factory reset?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Golf, thx, I cleared the cache, but still have all the same problems. Will I lose the preinstalled apps with a factory reset?

No, only the ones you installed. I always operate under the assumption that a reset can wipe everything, so back up anything important.

Sent from an AOSP M8

Penthor

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to try to remap my ringtones and images before resorting to a reset. I found my pics but the ringtones are still missing. If I can find the ringtones and remap everything I won't need to reset.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Golf, I couldn't remap so I reset and all is back to normal. Thx

Glad it got fixed. Thanks for posting the follow up, it might help others in the future. See you around the forums.

Sent from an AOSP M8