Why can't I zoom on my camera S5?

A

AC Question

I cannot zoom my camera on S5

I received the S5 yesterday, love this phone BUT the cog wheel icon is missing from the camera screen. I cannot zoom in or out and cannot find it anywhere in options. How do I get it please?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: I cannot zoom my camera on S5

I received the S5 yesterday, love this phone BUT the cog wheel icon is missing from the camera screen. I cannot zoom in or out and cannot find it anywhere in options. How do I get it please?
Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > camera > clear cache. Open up the camera and try zooming again. Sometimes it takes patience since the sensitivity may not be detecting the pinch to zoom on the screen.

Chinny17

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ur phone must b on easy mode, just click easy setting, easy mode & scroll to the bottom & uncheck the camera box. This way u can still use the easy mode & have the camera features.

mmmEM

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
By the time I registered and came back here I almost forgot what it's all about...old age
No actually it's about saying thank you Chinny17 for providing the right answer!
What were they thinking about to sell those phone defaulted to Easy Mode!
I was in a crowd trying to video my G children on rides, and the 1 week bought stupid thing would not zoom. Then I found that Zoom Icon hit it and I was on camera, but no video! And taking a picture in that mode...you have to save it manually!
Then I met 3 people with Samsung like mine and none could work out why mine was behaving that way!
I know there is a manual available on line and I D/L it but you have to read it and it was on my desk top anyway.
I'm so glad you gave us the answer even if it's somewhere in the manual.
Nothink easy for me about the Easy Mode!

Last edited:

mmmEM

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
under Easy Settings > Easy mode> will show "camera" icon ticked on in a square box.
Untick then do click on "done" (else the mode will not change)
This is only for the benefit of new readers as I'm sure the one who asked where easy mode is has find the answer long ago.

Last edited:

Slicem

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Do we all have the same phone? There is no 'camera' all on my phone and there is no 'easy mode' on my phone.
but pinching worked...strange that we all seem to have the G5 but not all the same? what's up with that?

makemray

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have obtained a used S5 model sm-g900f

android version 6.0.1

I also can't use the volume switch to zoom the camera. I read that this model does not have that function. I then read this solution 'under Easy Settings > Easy mode> will show "camera" icon ticked on in a square box.
Untick then do click on "done" (else the mode will not change)

However, having done that it has not made any difference to the function. When I release the button a photo is taken. Which was the same as it was before.

The phone seems to have been updated in June 2016 with a security patch level. Is that anything to do with 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Is that an upgrade to 6.0.1 or do I already have Marshmallow. I had heard that Marshmallow upgrades the phone settings and corrects this issue?

Ray

makemray

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Okay , answering part of my own question here. I went back and had another go at the 'Easy Mode settings' still no joy but I did it again and this time I restarted the phone after doing so. Guess what it allowed me to change the settings this time. Why I had to shut the phone down first I just don't know.

Can someone still answer my question with regard to the Android version is 6.0.1 the same as 6.0.1 marshmallow or is that an upgrade ?

Ray

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The phone seems to have been updated in June 2016 with a security patch level. Is that anything to do with 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Is that an upgrade to 6.0.1 or do I already have Marshmallow. I had heard that Marshmallow upgrades the phone settings and corrects this issue?

Ray

There have been numerous upgrades for the 200+ firmwares for the international model, G900F, over the last 6 months. Some have been upgrades to Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, some have been bugfixes for Marshmallow and still others have been security patches for Marshmallow. See... Settings > About device > Android version & Android security patch level.

The only way to offer you a definitive answer to your particular phone is if you post its Product code as per #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

NJANULIS

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Re: I cannot zoom my camera on S5

Go into system settings > applications > sort by all > camera > clear cache. Open up the camera and try zooming again. Sometimes it takes patience since the sensitivity may not be detecting the pinch to zoom on the screen.

Me too! It's been months like this. Thank

MadHatter39

Dec 31, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S5 for a long time now. I pinched the screen and the zoom worked. I had given up. A big thank you for the help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay