How do I transfer S Memo data to the S5?

flexenburger

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Transferring S Memo data to the S5

I used the S Memo app on my S3 but I can't find the same app available for the S5. Does anyone know if it's been replaced and what the replacement might be called and whether I can restore data from S Memo back into it? I backed up everything from my S3 using Kies3 so can I selectively restore S Memo into the S5?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Transferring S Memo data to the S5

On my S5 I have "Memo" and "S Note", two separate apps. Whenever I use Memo, anything I save automatically syncs with "Memo" on my Galaxy Tab. I didn't have to do anything extra for this to happen, it just does automatically. The Tab does not have S Note though.

Are you signed into the same Samsung account on both devices?

flexenburger

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

No, my S3 is with Samsung for repairs as it got stuck on only being able to make emergency calls. As it was almost time to upgrade anyway, I have now upgraded to the S5 but prior to sending the S3 off I backed everything up using Kies. I have since noticed that the ?S5 comes with Memo pre-installed so is there a way of restoring g the backup from my S3 selectively to the S5 Memo app. I don't need to do a full restore as I have already re-established everything else on my new phone now. It's only the stuff on the S3 S Memo that would be handy to have back again.

alan2013

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

On my S5 I have "Memo" and "S Note", two separate apps. Whenever I use Memo, anything I save automatically syncs with "Memo" on my Galaxy Tab. I didn't have to do anything extra for this to happen, it just does automatically. The Tab does not have S Note though.

Are you signed into the same Samsung account on both devices?

If you have the smartlink app on both devices they will find each other and you set devices up as sending and reviving so then you can choose what you want to send to your new phone, I had exactly the same problem with s memo, once I had transferred them they appeared in Samsung note.

Alec De Spirt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
What is my S4 **** itself and I can no longer see screen but I can access the data via usb. ive been trying to move around the smemo data into the s5 using the note and all that but nothing will read it!