more data

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My plan only allows 250 megabytes. I need more and Verizon hasn't responded. any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can login to your account online and select more data. Do you have an online Verizon account?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware of that. My problem is that I don't want to pay more for increased data. Verizon will not respond to my request. Will it work if I threatened to change carrier?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes I did. At the time, 250 megabytes was sufficient. now there are many carriers that offer more as a incentive to switch. I thought veriźon would want to keep me as a customer rather than me switch to another carrier just to get more data.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and was offered 30 Gigabyte for the price of 15, and I have 5 lines on my account!

As a consumer, you have the right to go wherever you want to go and be, but it will cost. If you want more data, take a look at what's out there.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon and believe me they are the most expensive plan out there. At times I feel like I should jump ship. But I choose not to because the service is so darn good. I pay 160 for three gigs. I could get 20 gigs and pay 130 with AT&T.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid that the other network are not as good as Verizon nor as extensive.

call4repair

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
reply to wbsnow

this is a limited time offer too. but if you only have 2 lines like me its $100 more for 15gb instead of the 2gb i currently have. they will double it to 30 but limited time only!

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Say that you can get a better deal elsewhere and ask to speak to their disconnections department as you wish to cancel your account.
They are the ones with the authority to offer you more data. It will depend on how good a customer you are though. If you have one had your contact for a couple of years then you could end up looking foolish.

250mb is woeful.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware of that. My problem is that I don't want to pay more for increased data. Verizon will not respond to my request. Will it work if I threatened to change carrier?

LOLOLOLOLOL So you want more Data for free ? Good luck with that . And you won't have any better luck with ATT. If you get Verizon or ATT to do it let the forum know how you did it . Everyone will want to know .

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My plan only allows 250 megabytes. I need more and Verizon hasn't responded. any suggestions?

I also have Verizon with 3 phones.
2 smartphones and 1 vanilla phone.

My bill is about $178/month with 3 gB of data.

I have been with them for 20 years.... I switched to them after trying every carrier out there in cell phone land, and all of them had horrible service.

Dropped calls in the most unexpected places. When I went to Verizon, I never lost another call (well almost) and I have stayed with them simply because they are the BEST there is.

My wallet pays for it.... but if price is your ONLY OBJECTIVE, then be my guest and run to T-Mobile or Sprint and suffer.........

Now, as to Verizon NOT RESPONDING?
That is crap.
I have never, ever, called 611 and not got hold of a Customer Service Representative.

They have always been able to take care of my issues, and they have always bent over backwards to be courteous.

And they have given me upgrades w/o charges 2 or 3 times becasue of my Long Standing Service with them.

They just recently added 50% more data to my line and to most of their customers w/o increasing my monthly charge.

You can go to their web site and do anything there that you want, add more, take stuff off.
I have done that many many times.

I go to the website to change phones when one breaks and I want to activate another one. It is so much faster than calling Customer Support, and it works every time.

I will say that their website could be a little easier to use, but it works.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
. I've talked to 611 including supervisors. I used every excuse I could think of. They won't budge. I'm stuck with 250 mg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did. At the time, 250 megabytes was sufficient. now there are many carriers that offer more as a incentive to switch. I thought veriźon would want to keep me as a customer rather than me switch to another carrier just to get more data.

They want to keep customers but at the same time they also want to make money... So I really don't see them giving you extra data for free since 250 MB isn't sufficient. They usually will recommend a higher plan which costs more. The threatening works in some cases but in this one it wouldn't since they know if you went elsewhere you would have to pay more for more data .. So it isn't just a Verizon thing.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have 5 lines plus have a website and a few other things on my account, so I'm paying a little more than $100 per month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke