I am moving some pics off of my phone to free up some space. My only problem is that I have a folder that is saved to my sd card that will not show up when my phone is plugged into the computer. Everything else shows up and I have no issue moving things off my phone and onto my desktop. It is just one folder with about 300 pics on it. Not the end of the world, but how do I transfer it if I can't find it. Can I maybe move it or copy it to another folder? Any help is appreciated.
    10-15-2014 10:10 AM
    You can see the said folder when you look for it on your phone? Are you sure it's not on the phone storage rather than the SD card?
    10-15-2014 10:44 AM
    sd cards do go bad. they will appear to copy all data correctly and then when u go to retrieve, its corrupted or missing. have you used keis3 to back it up via computer.. it won't do apps from one device to another but it will do apps from same device to same device.. and it always does pics,txt,call log contacts, ect. also if you do not use the photo's by google app you might want to try it if your signed into your google account and turn your phone on to sync it will automatically back up all photos and will even "auto-awesome" some automatically it is a very cool feature. there is a app called "my files" and you can navigate the folders from within the phone and copy them idk if its a s5 only app or not but there are similiar apps available that do the same thing.
    10-15-2014 11:53 AM
    I am having the same problem. I took my phone GSamsung 5 into Verizon and they took almost all my extra aps off and installed "rescue" app. under storage it shows I have no memory (the bar at the top) yet below it shows I have 11GB of unused space. The Verizon "geek" people couldn't help. Under pictures I have 5 folders I made and I can see them while under the computer. Approx 2,000 pix. However, on my phone I see a additional Piccasa folder that I cant see while hooked to the computer nor is Picassa installed on my phone. In laymen's terms, does anyone have any ideas? I got another memory error yesterday and I had to take the ring tones off that I installed.
    10-15-2014 01:34 PM
    def. a bad sd or corrupted address on your phone memory either reformat sd card or factory reset phone or both.

make sure to connect and copy all your data via computer or as much of it as you can..
    it will destroy all data. make sure you test sd after slow format via windows computer by copying some data to it. i like to use mp3's " if the card is bad you will figure it out eventually by playing songs" and if some of the songs are playing but has the wrong sound or sound that is suppose to be another mp3 its a dead give away the card needs to be tossed.

if u do not have a sd card and it is the phone itself you will need to hold a few buttons to do a hard factory reset.. not through settings or pc software but hold power button and home key or maybe pwr n volume ... not sure its different on every model it will destroy all data and set to factory setting copy some music or something to it right away before you run updates or install apps. try not to use a back up of the phone for awhile to test it to see if all is well as a back up could and will likely have corrupted data if it is indeed the phone memory.

DO NOT USE KEIS to copy music to the card/phone as it sometimes will corrupt the data anyways use a folder or free version of media monkey or something reliable.
    10-15-2014 04:45 PM