Hi, I cant change my screen lock setting (either to swipe, pattern or finger print), currently it is in pin setting. It shows disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or crenditial storage. Please advise.
    accessive likes this.
    10-15-2014 10:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone encrypted? Is it a work phone or your personal phone? Have you installed any security apps? Go to Settings>Security>Device Administratos, and see if there is anything listed there besides Android Device Manager, and probably Knox. If there is anything else and it's checked, try unchecking it and try changing your screen lock again. If you still can't, then consider uninstalling whatever security app that might be.
    10-16-2014 12:41 AM
    Hi, I cant change my screen lock setting (either to swipe, pattern or finger print), currently it is in pin setting. It shows disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or crenditial storage. Please advise.
    In addition to disabling device administrators as described above my post, you may have a security certificate that is causing your problem. If you ever remember a large popup from android os asking if you trust a particular app, & warning it could monitor your network traffic, in which you had to check the box "I trust this application" then this is a likely candidate for the problem.

Example, I use an application that re directs network traffic so WiFi Hotspot can be used on a non rooted galaxy s5. I had to install the apps security certificate & accept the changes for the App to function. Now I am not able to remove the screen lock nor use the swipe only method. It's because of the Hotspot app certificate.

Here's how to check if you have any such certificates installed. The name should correspond with an app you have installed.

Settings 》security》trusted credentials
    You will see device, & user tab at top.
    Click or slide over to user tab. If nothing is listed under user , this is likely not the cause of the problem(you will have many under device but they shouldn't* be the problem)

*an app installed as a system app may show its certificate under device instead of user! if your device is not rooted, this won't happen, at least in my experience.
    09-02-2015 09:37 AM
    05-16-2016 06:36 AM
    05-23-2016 04:32 PM