Emails Keep Going Into Junk Folder When I Want Them To Go Into Inbox

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Some emails keep going into my junk folder when I want them to go into my inbox on my Galaxy S5. I am using the standard email app and my hotmail email address. When I select the email in the junk folder then the 'Remove From Spam' option it comes up with a box saying 'The sender or domain will be unblocked and this email will be moved to your inbox'. But this seems to apply to this message and next time I get an email from the same sender the same happens. How can I change it so the senders domain/email address is allowed all the time? Thanks.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock app, and is this a Google account? You may have to go on line with a PC log into your account and make the changes there. It sounds like your app is trying to unblock the sender but not correctly delivering the information to your email provider. Going on line should eliminate the communication issue and solve the problem until the next domain comes in that it feels should be blocked. A 3rd party app may communicate with your provider better and offer you better and working options. Maildroid, and K9 are some of the better more popular apps however there are many others.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So it's happening on the phone but not online now? Since it was my feeling that the two were not communicating that may still be the case in reverse this time so you may have to say it's not spam on your device one more time.

Posted via Android Central App

dazzawm

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it will only allow them on the program you are using them, like live mail on a PC on live mail in a browser. But they just won't allow them through on the stock app on the phone. I need to get into the hotmail server somehow and make the changes there, is this possible?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have gone onto live mail and made the changes as you suggest but it still happens on my phone.

It looks like it will only allow them in the program you are using, like live mail on a PC or live mail in a browser. But they just won't allow them through on the stock app on the phone.

It seems odd that the app wouldn't take its cues from the server as to what's what and how items should be handled. But if the two aren't communicating correctly... This is why IMO it's time for a third party app.

I need to get into the hotmail server somehow and make the changes there, is this possible?

At this point I am under the impression that you've gone online, changed the status of one or more of the emails received (domains) from spam to not spam, but when checking your account from the phone items are still going into a spam/junk folder, only on the phone. If you log in anyplace else PC, work, home, everything is in your inbox. Just not on the phone. Which would say too me that the app has its own spam setting that is not taking cues from the server. In that case the problem lies in the app.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance