07-08-2016 07:07 AM
30 12
tools
    I recently switched from Verizon to T-mobile and had the same problem on multiple lines. I also noticed that it happened almost always when I was at home, but almost never when I was at work 20 miles away. I called T-Mobile and here is a list of solutions we tried:
    1. Turn off keypad tones. Phone > Settings > Call > Ringtones and Keypad tones. This solutions might work, but it didn't solve the problem for me permanently
    2. Increase length of DTMF tones. Phone > Settings > Call > DTMF tones. This did fix the problem for me for manual dialing during a call, but if I have a contact setup to dial a number after a pause it failed half the time. Also this option seems to be locked for Verizon Galaxy S5s, because it does not show up most of the time, I am not sure how I was able to change it, I just played around within the settings and it showed up.

I found solution 2 only last night, before that I spoke to T-Mobile tech support multiple times and didn't get a solution. Finally I spoke to a network engineer with T-Mobile and his explanation was that since the Verizon S5 does not support all the same bands as a T-mobile phone, there is a chance that at home I am in an area which uses an unsupported band and the DTMF tones are not working. I am not sure how accurate that is.

If anyone else has anything to add to this please do since the problem is still there with both my phones.
    11-16-2015 10:51 AM
    In reply to AZgl1500 . Thank you brother, it worked like a charm for me.
    11-29-2015 03:19 PM
    I saw this on another post and it works. Go into Settings, select Applications and select Contacts. Then select Contacts to Display. Temporarily turn off Contacts by selecting Customized List. Now try the Keypad with voicemail. It worked for me. Then I restored contacts and once again the Keypad works with voicemail.
    01-02-2016 10:23 AM
    Under more settings I turned TTY to Full and and 2) as you listed I turned DTMF Tones to Long and now the dialer on my Galaxy S4's work
    05-22-2016 11:38 AM
    Hey the DTMF fixed it for. I made it long and worked for me. Thanks a lot man. I'm sure it'll fail if I save a contact on a dial number beside that's this completely fixed the issue I was having really appreciate it man!
    i tried the dtmf tone to long and my phone still seems to do that i make a call and it drops down to 3g and then 1x when i wanna press the keypad to dial numbers or talk to customer service it doesnt work. plz help verizon note 5 using with tmobile anyone
    07-08-2016 07:07 AM
30 12