Why is my Galaxy S5 G900V Dialer unresponsive during calls?

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Galaxsy S5 G900V Dialer Unresponsive During Calls!!

Hi, my dialer looks like that. I have the latest kitkat 4.4.4. I do not have access to my dialer at all during calls. I've factory reset twice and hard reset once already. Safe mode does not help much, it did for a very brief period. Then, became useless. Any solutions? It's Galaxy s5 G900V Factory Unlocked, paid full price.

Side Node: During my calls (using T-Mobile Sim) my signal drops from 4G LTE to no bars during my calls, I've done resets and if I'm lucky on my first call during reset it'd let me user the dialer pad. Afterwards, no luck forever more!

Would love some help, if this is resolved I assure you I will definitely notify and let you pros know!

Last edited:

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxsy S5 G900V Dialer Unresponsive During Calls!!

Hi, my dialer looks like that. I have the latest kitkat 4.4.4. I do not have access to my dialer at all during calls. I've factory reset twice and hard reset once already. Safe mode does not help much, it did for a very brief period. Then, became useless. Any solutions? It's Galaxy s5 G900V Factory Unlocked, paid full price.

Side Node: During my calls (using T-Mobile Sim) my signal drops from 4G LTE to no bars during my calls, I've done resets and if I'm lucky on my first call during reset it'd let me user the dialer pad. Afterwards, no luck forever more!

Would love some help, if this is resolved I assure you I will definitely notify and let you pros know!
Seems like you need to factory reset the phone and wipe cache.

Via Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Are you on some ROM or all stock. If you rooted, its likely something g you ****ed up while deleting stuff you didn't want...but I'm with the above...factory reset and wipe cache...revert to stock if in a custom rom

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Dropping from 4g back to 3g or 1x during a telco call is not abnormal. It is done to preserve bandwidth at the cell tower. 1x is all that is needed to hold a voice call.

I am using * ExDialer - Dialer & Contacts - One I use because it allows you to specify how you want the screen to look.

ie, retain the dialer pad, or the Favorites list, or the Contact's list.

For editing Contacts, I switch back and forth between the OEM dialer's contact app and the ExDialer's app.
Just depends on what I want to do. Each has its' merits.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I've done 3 factory resets and 2 hard resets. Are you positive that's going to work? Also, doesn't resetting wipe the cache stuff regardless? If I am wrongly let me know, just assumed wiping did that job.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

It's stock, right out of the box. Filled with Verizon stuff on there. Disabled all their add-on. Putting that aside. It's completely out of the box.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Here is a break down of whats going on the Galaxsy s5 G900V Factory Unlocked

I have been using verizon galaxy s5 on t-mobile. When I initiate a call it loses all the bars, 4GLTE, 3G, H+, E all disappear. During the call touch tone DTMF is not recognized, cannot select menus or dial extensions.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Here is a break down of whats going on the Galaxsy s5 G900V Factory Unlocked

I have been using verizon galaxy s5 on t-mobile. When I initiate a call it loses all the bars, 4GLTE, 3G, H+, E all disappear. During the call touch tone DTMF is not recognized, cannot select menus or dial extensions.

Is the unlocked VZW Galaxy S5 fully compatible with T-Mobile? I expect it is because people with more knowledge than I have been commenting on this problem. Sometimes VZW phones are a little weird.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Is the unlocked VZW Galaxy S5 fully compatible with T-Mobile? I expect it is because people with more knowledge than I have been commenting on this problem. Sometimes VZW phones are a little weird.
Yes works fine, i get 4g LTE and everything

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

No you will not

Verizon Galaxy S5 ??????
So, where would I go to get the rom for my phone exactly? Also, since it's a verizon phone isn't it normal for it to turn off all data (phone thinking it's a CDMA phone still) I mean I do still get the " unknown sim card " message every restart. Just letting you know everything.

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

No you will not

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎
So, where would I go to get the rom for my phone exactly? Also, since it's a verizon phone isn't it normal for it to turn off all data (phone thinking it's a CDMA phone still) I mean I do still get the " unknown sim card " message every restart. Just letting you know everything.

aliakhter

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I recently switched from Verizon to T-mobile and had the same problem on multiple lines. I also noticed that it happened almost always when I was at home, but almost never when I was at work 20 miles away. I called T-Mobile and here is a list of solutions we tried:
1. Turn off keypad tones. Phone > Settings > Call > Ringtones and Keypad tones. This solutions might work, but it didn't solve the problem for me permanently
2. Increase length of DTMF tones. Phone > Settings > Call > DTMF tones. This did fix the problem for me for manual dialing during a call, but if I have a contact setup to dial a number after a pause it failed half the time. Also this option seems to be locked for Verizon Galaxy S5s, because it does not show up most of the time, I am not sure how I was able to change it, I just played around within the settings and it showed up.

I found solution 2 only last night, before that I spoke to T-Mobile tech support multiple times and didn't get a solution. Finally I spoke to a network engineer with T-Mobile and his explanation was that since the Verizon S5 does not support all the same bands as a T-mobile phone, there is a chance that at home I am in an area which uses an unsupported band and the DTMF tones are not working. I am not sure how accurate that is.

If anyone else has anything to add to this please do since the problem is still there with both my phones.

aliakhter

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Just noticed that if u turn off the contacts apparently and turn it back on the dtmf tone option is available in settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-11-17-51-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-17-51-37.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9

Gadafi Ali

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Hey the DTMF fixed it for. I made it long and worked for me. Thanks a lot man. I'm sure it'll fail if I save a contact on a dial number beside that's this completely fixed the issue I was having really appreciate it man!

I recently switched from Verizon to T-mobile and had the same problem on multiple lines. I also noticed that it happened almost always when I was at home, but almost never when I was at work 20 miles away. I called T-Mobile and here is a list of solutions we tried:
1. Turn off keypad tones. Phone > Settings > Call > Ringtones and Keypad tones. This solutions might work, but it didn't solve the problem for me permanently
2. Increase length of DTMF tones. Phone > Settings > Call > DTMF tones. This did fix the problem for me for manual dialing during a call, but if I have a contact setup to dial a number after a pause it failed half the time. Also this option seems to be locked for Verizon Galaxy S5s, because it does not show up most of the time, I am not sure how I was able to change it, I just played around within the settings and it showed up.

I found solution 2 only last night, before that I spoke to T-Mobile tech support multiple times and didn't get a solution. Finally I spoke to a network engineer with T-Mobile and his explanation was that since the Verizon S5 does not support all the same bands as a T-mobile phone, there is a chance that at home I am in an area which uses an unsupported band and the DTMF tones are not working. I am not sure how accurate that is.

If anyone else has anything to add to this please do since the problem is still there with both my phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams