Certified Pre-Owned S5 Questions

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Never thought I'd see the day when my 56 year old husband NEEDED a smart phone, but it's here and I'm skeptical the two will be able to co-exist :D He said he's fine with getting a CPO S5. Tried to order one tonight but they're out of stock. He's a carpet and wood contractor...dirty, dusty, sweaty job. He needs the best protection available for his phone and a holster (not just a clip) to carry it in. Otterbox? Ballistic? or....
Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox is the way to go. My friend replaces sewage pipes and the Otterbox does extremely well in protecting his Note 3. Another buddy is a law enforcement officer and uses the Otterbox+Clip and loves it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Never thought I'd see the day when my 56 year old husband NEEDED a smart phone, but it's here and I'm skeptical the two will be able to co-exist :D He said he's fine with getting a CPO S5. Tried to order one tonight but they're out of stock. He's a carpet and wood contractor...dirty, dusty, sweaty job. He needs the best protection available for his phone and a holster (not just a clip) to carry it in. Otterbox? Ballistic? or....
Thanks

Otterbox DEFENDER is definitely the best case for protection. They are expensive, but offer unrivaled protection.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3975795

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you can get CPO, they are just fine. I have bought 3 of them.

Yes, I would agree with the Otter Box,

I saw one yesterday on a friend's phone and was impressed that it includes a protective front cover that is sealed against accidental splashes.

Also helps to protect the screen from goudges from sharp objects, like scribes, files, wire brushes, screwdrivers, etc...

I have hardened case with a belt clip...... but, you must remove the phone from the case to use it. argh!

It has a magnetic clip that holds a fold over cover in place..... nice and sturdy, but for your husband's job.... otterbox

The case that I am using is Military Ballistic grade, but it does not have a protective front cover. I use it daily in my construction job with no issues. I keep the phone (in the case) in my front pocket. The case has a rubbery grip edges on it that keeps it from slipping out of your pocket unnoticed.

In addition to that, I have tied a neckstrap around the top lip of the case, (next to the earplug jack) and throw that neckstrap around my neck.

I have had a couple of times been glad that was on my neck, as a loose linen shirt let it fall out and over a toilet as I bent down to clean out the "residue" there. The phone just dangled from my neck in midair. (whew!)

* Speck CandyShell Grip- Black/Slate:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. OttoerBox it is. I hope this isn't going to be the expensive mistake I think it's going to be. I did see last night where the Otterbox had a front cover. That's good!
Any idea about how often Verizon get's CPO phones in? It's still showing out of stock.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
They offer him a new S4 for free but he's holding out for the black CPO S5. Guess tI'll get the Otterbox Defender ordered. I'll have a Zagg Screen protector put on it too. Wonder how long it will be before it has wood glue on it, thin set or feral hog blood ?

Oh another note, today we got a text message from Verizon Saying he had gone over his 200/month text messages. This has never happened before. We had just sat down the night before to type a text and send it to all his builders And decorators saying, "due to workload, texts may not be returned till the follow morning". He had only sent 40 text messages all month, the rest were sent to him. Instead of telling me how much it was going to cost, the rep said,"HOw about if I give him an extra 100 texts per month at the same price for a year 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34