In the course of my work (water district manager) I sometimes need to find a particular GPS location (set of latitude/longitude coordinates) in the middle of miles of rural farm or desert country. I note that the Play Store has about 200 apps that display lat/long positions (i.e. where you are now). I am currently using "Posit" in satellite mode, but there you have to push a button every time you want to obtain a new position. What I really need is an app that will continuously update the GPS position pointer as I drive along dirt tracks in the middle of nowhere. Needs to be on a Google Earth type image display - I need to be able to see local landmarks such as irrigation canals, buildings, trees etc.

Suggestions? Thanks!!!
    10-19-2014 07:15 PM
    Hands down, it is GPS Status
    add that with Address Locator and you have the perfect package for what you and I do.

* Find Address - Android Apps on Google Play

* GPS Status & Toolbox - Android Apps on Google Play

Here is how to use the pair.

Make sure you have internet up and running.

Then you bring up GPS Status, that polls a Geo Server somewhere and gets the latest ephemeris.

Then you bring up Find Address and it now has access to the geo location to within 6 to 10 meters.

Find Address will immediately lock into the location and show you a road map of where you are for verification.

Then you hit the Share icon on the top and you have the option of using email, SMS, Facebook, plus a host of other crap to post that into to.

Try that and report back, I use it for reporting bad road hazards to my county highway department boss every day.
    10-19-2014 07:20 PM