ART vs. Dalvik

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
So I switched over to ART last night for no particular reason.

Today I have a "cooling down" notification that I can't clear.....any ideas?

Obviously the phone isn't running hot, that's why I'm asking.

swagtabulous

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Multitasking is definitely better with ART. On ART I can have more than 10 opened apps running in the background WITHOUT affecting my battery life, but Dalvik is having 6 on average.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting your experiences. I keep waffling about trying it, but in general I'm too chicken.

The pdf issue was a deal breaker for me because of work. Other than that I had no major issues...that being said, I did find a deal breaker within a couple of hours of starting to play with it.

swagtabulous

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting your experiences. I keep waffling about trying it, but in general I'm too chicken.

Trust me, it does more good than harm. You'll definitely enjoy the ART runtime. It won't break your device anyways.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
And Polaris office won't open a pdf attachment in my email

Posted via Android Central App

Ouch!

I just noticed that myself, but it is NOT a deal breaker for me. I am staying with ART....

Where I still in the work force and using PDFs on a daily basis, yep, I would have to go back to DALVIK

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
ART is still in process, Android recommend to use Dalvik for daily usage, till ART is fully operating.. But its a nice option for 1, 2 days..

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
We will all switch over to ART in Android 5.0 once the update rolls out as it's set to that by default while Dalvik will remain optional. I imagine most apps will be updated shortly after Android 5.0 to take advantage of ART if they already haven't been.

throssel

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried ART one day for no particular reason. Noticed no difference what so ever. Eventually switched back.

Brought to you by the Samsung Galaxy S5 on U.S. Cellular

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance