Why isn't Kies backing up to my Galaxy S5 properly?

justin pinkerton

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Kies isnt backing up my Galaxy s5 properly

im trying to back up my entire Galaxy s5 before i send it in for a screen repair.
I chose the select all option but while backing up i'll either get a "runtime" error and the program will close or it says the backup is complete but most of the selected items either have an x over it, a no entry symbol or an exclamation mark. Please help

if there's another program i can use to back up my entire phone please lrt me know

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Kies isnt backing up my Galaxy s5 properly

You don't say, but what kind of pc are you trying to run Kies on?

You might be having USB driver issues, before giving up, I would make sure that you are using the Samsung USB drivers for your PC.

Also one other thing. I myself, discovered that the S5 really does want to use the USB 3.0 cord to interface with the PC.

If you are using one of the older USB 2.0 cords, remove that, and use the USB 3.0 cord that came with the PC.

I ordered up two new SamSung USB 3.0 cords so that I would have more flexibility around my home.

justin pinkerton

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Kies isnt backing up my Galaxy s5 properly

I'm using an Acer travelmate intel corei3 with the standard USB cable that came with the phone its not the 3.0 USB. Guess ill have to get one.

I've already sent the phone in but managed to individually back up the most important thing