Permanent (?) fingerprint on my s5, please help!

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've got a small but irritating problem on my s5, I bought this phone a few weeks ago, and from the start I've noticed something, it looks like an usual fingerprint that you could sometimes see on your screen but this one is permanent!, it's placed at to the top right corner of the phone (where front camera is) and it is not too big, but it irritates me as it glistens (more obvious in the light) so is there any way to fix this? I'm assuming it is some kind of tray that is stuck on the back of the glass. :(

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Permanent (?) tray on my s5, please help!

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. What's a finger tray? Do you mean a fingerprint? What kind of tray would be stuck behind the glass?

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi, sorry for my English, I thought saying a fingerprint, I'm not sure if something like that is stuck behind the glass, I'm just guessing, you can notice it easily when front side of the phone is exposed to light as my phone is black. (this is not on the screen, but just above it, where the facing camera placed)

At first I thought it was just a fingerprint and try swiping it off the screen, but it doesn't get off.

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

This is not picture of my s5 but here I drew the shape of it.

The part that is marked is colored in a darker black compared to the rest of the phone.

Attachments

• s5-front-camera.jpg
    s5-front-camera.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 59

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I assume you've already tried to clean the glass with a microfiber cloth, right? Does it affect the quality of images taken with the front-facing camera?

Since the phone is brand new, you could bring it back to the store and ask for a replacement. If it's too late for that, then contact Samsung for warranty repair or replacement.

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

As I said, I tried cleaning it off the screen but it is not on the screen, it seems its something inside, that part is colored in darker black and kind of shines a bit when exposed on the light, I think it doesn't affect the quality of images.

If nobody knows here what it might be, I guess I'll try to take it the store to try and fix it somehow.

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I just tried cleaning it with a microfiber cloth and it works but once i touch it by the hand it's there and I only cloth helps removing it.. hmm

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try using a little rubbing alcohol, in case it's some kind of residue. Dampen the cloth with the alcohol, then rub.

Milos Radovic

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I tried it but it doesn't help.

Here, I made a picture of it (just add http:/ as i cannot post links):

s4.postimg.org/3jnetqt4d/Grote_Foto_WPDQZ6_SD.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it seems to disappear temporarily after wiping with a microfiber cloth, I would guess that there is some odd residue on the screen, or otherwise some defect in the screen coating. At this point, I'd take it back for a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair