sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
can y'all suggest other sms apps that allow individual ringtone customizations for each contact? I was using gosms but they just recently did an update that took away the ability to customize. I am using textra for now and chomp sms is out because I can't group text. Any others?

Posted via Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Never mind I tried chomp sms and they fixed the group texting issue. I'll stick with this. Can a mod delete this thread? Pls and ty

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
can y'all suggest other sms apps that allow individual ringtone customizations for each contact? I was using gosms but they just recently did an update that took away the ability to customize. I am using textra for now and chomp sms is out because I can't group text. Any others?

The built in messaging app allows you to provide different ring tones. Download the app called Zedge it's free. You can select a song or whatever and use it for a specific caller.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The built in messaging app allows you to provide different ring tones. Download the app called Zedge it's free. You can select a song or whatever and use it for a specific caller.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

I don't like the regular app. I also have edge. Thanks though.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Apparently they did not get rid of the customization options on go sms. They are no longer In the settings. You have to click on each individual person to set their notification. The developer of the app should have explained this. They are getting slammed in the reviews because everybody thinks the options are gone. Smh

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently they did not get rid of the customization options on go sms. They are no longer In the settings. You have to click on each individual person to set their notification. The developer of the app should have explained this. They are getting slammed in the reviews because everybody thinks the options are gone. Smh

I have noticed that developers as a group do not feel the need to explain why they do things, nor do they provide a menu to help you out. A simple HELP button with the most frequent FAQs should be a default, but they already know all that stuff and the user "should know it" by osmosis...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that developers as a group do not feel the need to explain why they do things, nor do they provide a menu to help you out. A simple HELP button with the most frequent FAQs should be a default, but they already know all that stuff and the user "should know it" by osmosis...

I agree. I only found that they still had what I wanted by chance because I decided to go back and play with it. I had uninstalled the whole app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol