I turn my phone off every night to charge it and when i wake up and turn it on it takes an hour and a half + to receive any texts. I contacted sprint and they said that the device requires "provisioning time" to receive texts after it is powered on. Im not buying that excuse, i know that it could take a couple of minutes, but really, an hour and a half? Thats just down right stupid. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it? I don't really want to leave my phone on 24/7.
    10-23-2014 11:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry this isn't a solution, but I'm curious--is there a specific reason you prefer to power the phone off every night? I think most people leave their devices on, and just allow it to go to sleep rather than power it down at night.
    10-23-2014 11:59 AM
    I turn my phone off every night to charge it and when i wake up and turn it on it takes an hour and a half + to receive any texts. I contacted sprint and they said that the device requires "provisioning time" to receive texts after it is powered on. Im not buying that excuse, i know that it could take a couple of minutes, but really, an hour and a half? Thats just down right stupid. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to fix it? I don't really want to leave my phone on 24/7.
    You can leave your phone on airplane mode. It's just like you turning your phone off. I think it could be sprint network.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎
    10-23-2014 12:27 PM
    Use blocking mode instead of Airplane mode . That way you can limit what and who can contact you late at night .
    10-23-2014 07:04 PM
    I'm going to address the "provisioning time".

I turn off DATA and WiFi every time that the screen is locked.

This means that my email account never gets an update until the next time the phone is unlocked.

I'm on Verizon and my email account syncs and downloads the titles within about 5 seconds of me unlocking the phone.

by the time I can go through the steps of unlocking the phone, finding the correct home page, and activating the email button, ALL of my new emails are loaded and ready for me to read.

so, I am going to say that whoever you talked to at Sprint is blowing smoke because they don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

2nd..... why turn the phone off? There is no valid reason to do so unless you have a penchant about NOT receiving phone calls during your sleep hours. Even then, all you need to do is MUTE the phone, not turn it off. (be sure Vibrate is disabled)
    10-24-2014 02:17 AM