Is T-mobile service any good?

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5๐Ÿ˜Ž
    10-23-2014 06:07 PM
    Are you asking for a comparison between T-Mobile's service and Verizon's? If so, it all depends on where you live. Look at their coverage map and you'll get an idea if you are well covered or not.

Personally, I can never use at&t, Sprint, or T-Mobile as they either don't offer service or limit it to patchy 2G in Southern New Mexico where I used to live (and still frequent). at&t has 3G down there but it's only on the highway, after that it dips down to 2G. Sprint has OK 2G but download speeds are similar to dial-up internet, and T-Mobile reaches my old house only with their voice service. Meanwhile, Verizon has 4G LTE service throughout my small hometown even going all the way down to the U.S.-Mexico border.

I currently live in Southern Ohio and all the networks are pretty solid within a certain range. However, Verizon's is the fastest as they recently acquired the local wireless company (who was the fastest) along with most of their equipment and half of their customers (at&t bought the other half). T-Mobile's 4G LTE service where I live peaks at about 25Mbps with 15Mbps being the average connection speed out in the open. I connect to Verizon's network at 65Mbps peak speeds with 50Mbps being the norm, that's out in the open. I connect at 40Mbps in most modern buildings and at 10Mbps where I work (an old reinforced concrete building with walls that are 2ft thick, everyone who has T-Mobile drops to a 1.5Mbps 3G connection when they are here).

So T-Mobile is OK where I currently live, it's definitely less expensive than Verizon but the coverage isn't quite as good. T-Mobile's coverage is absolutely awful when I go back to my hometown and Verizon blows them away. Your mileage will vary though, it's all dependent on where you are located.
    Rmedy21 likes this.
    10-24-2014 07:40 AM