How to switch Gmail accounts

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to sign out of your Gmail account and sign back in with the same account and password or sign in with a different Gmail account?

There's nothing I can find in the Gmail menu or settings that allow for this. Similarly in the phone's settings >accounts>Google accounts there does not seem to be a way to sign in and out.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
In settings/accounts

I just deleted the gmail account, then I added in a new gmail account under a different name. worked fine.

I did that because my original gmail account got hosed up somehow. I had to sign into it with my home pc.

went through the profile and account settings.... something fixed the original account.

Once I had desired gmail account fixed and working again (it quit receiving emails for some reason), I then once again deleted the temporary gmail account on the phone.

Logged into Google+ or the PlayStore on the phone and of course, it asked me to sign in which I did.

Whatever happened, finally fixed my phone and the primary gmail account.

For me, all's well that ends well.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts>Add Account

I have 3 Gmail accounts 1 for work, 1 for everyday use and 1 for personal use. All 3 function within the gmail app and once you save your passwords you can switch between the 3 without manually logging in and out.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
In settings/accounts

I just deleted the gmail account, then I added in a new gmail account under a different name. worked fine.
Under my account tab in settings I don't see any option that allows me to delete an existing gmail account. If you long hold other accounts like Zynga or Dropbox it opens up a "delete" option but when you long hold "Google" it just seems to open up a list of other accounts (calender, cloud, etc) that just tell you the last time they were sych'd. I don't see any way to delete a gmail account (and then reinstall it). Am I missing something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech