Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 always have you have internet connection icon on screen?

spartan2003

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 always has "you have internet connection" icon on screen

While at work in a steel building where we need a Verizon network extender and WiFi my Samsung Galaxy S5 always has "you have internet connection" icon on the screen. This icon gets in the way of the keyboard and hard to navigate around it. When I turn off the network extender (Samsung SCS-2U3100) the icon goes away.
Does anyone know how to make it go away, or which app might be making this icon active all the time?Screenshot_2014-09-30-09-22-22.jpg

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 always has "you have internet connection" icon on screen

I have a Verizon Network Extender here in my home, and I have never, ever seen that message come up.

Been using this VNE for about 3 years now as I live in the boonies w/o cell access at home.

That has to be a notification option in the network configuration.

I habitually turn OFF anything that says "Notify" so maybe I killed it before I had a chance to see it?

berktown

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the Spartan Radio Network app installed? Based on your user name I'm guessing you might. I found via another forum that other MSU fans with this app have had the same problem. Try uninstalling the app and see if the problem goes away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair