So my screen is completely black, with no visibility at all, but the touch screen still works. I can unlock my phone, and could access apps, if I knew exactly where each one was. But I don't, and I kinda need to access my new text messages before I turn this one in. Also, I'd like to be able to reset it before I send it in. Can anyone help with either of these two issues? I used to have an app that allowed me to connect my phone and computer, but now I have no way of turning it on (oh, and voice command is down for whatever reason). This is kinda time-sensitive, so quick replies are greatly appreciated!!
    10-24-2014 05:30 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could use an MHL adapter to connect your phone to a TV or monitor with an HDMI input. You should be able to mirror the screen there.
    10-24-2014 05:32 PM
    Kies maybe?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-24-2014 05:50 PM
    Use SideSync 3.0 with your PC

It will allow you to access your phone exactly as though you had the phone in your hands. Works a treat.

Once you recover what you need, get the display fixed. EDIT: after thought, I can't remember if it will come up automatically when it is installed on the phone. I think it does, but it is worth a try. And it is free from Samsung

* SideSync 3.0 - Android Apps on Google Play

10-25-2014 06:39 AM
    If all fails, find another S5 to use as a guide.

On both phones, go thru the steps to reset the phone. You will be watching the other phone and making the same exact steps at the same time (you need a friend to help you).

After he makes a step and the screen changes, you need to wait a bit longer to be sure your phone is ready to accept the next step.

Then you do the Factory Reset procedure.... leave it on a good long while, at least twice as long as it should take to complete a reset.

I would suggest you leave it on at least a half hour before boxing it up and sending it off.

Remember to pull your SIM card out before you send it off
    10-25-2014 06:47 AM