Why can't I play embedded videos?

ForceV4

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Can't play embedded videos

I've searched and can't find any solutions so I'm turning to the forum for help. I did find answers to other issues searching.

I recently gave up on Motorola and bought a Galaxy S5. Everything seems fine except I can't play a single embedded youtube video from anywhere. It's driving me absolutely nuts. Clicking on a video is like clicking on a blank screen-absolutely nothing happens. If I hold on the video, I get no other options IE save, open link, etc.

Verizon has no idea what is going on. I spoke with 2 levels of tech support. The second person even called Samsung and got a live person but he had no idea either. I'm not much of a techie so aside from clearing cache in 2 different places (or ways?) I can't explain much more that we did. Before a factory reset was decided upon, Verizon told me to take the phone back and exchange it for another one. Before I do that, I wanted to make sure I explored every option available.

So, I beg of you AndroidCentral people... what's going on and is there a way to fix it? I appreciate the help and will buy the first round of beers.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't play embedded videos

Gives me the option to open the above video with Chrome or the YouTube app. Other than that everything seems to function normally

Posted via Android Central App

ForceV4

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
A. This worked perfectly. Thanks for posting.
B. It was freakin' hilarious! I haven't seen any old Cheech & Chong in ages!!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana