Can't find people addressing this specifically in any thread.

We are an Android/iPhone household. I am trying to send videos from my GS5 to an iPhone 4s. I cannot connect Bluetooth between these two devices to transfer large files.

Things I have tried:

- Clearing BT data and cache. Then restarting phone.
    - Every combination of scanning, pairing through both the GS5 and the iPhone 4s.
    - "Forgetting device" on both the GS5 and iPhone 4s, and starting fresh by searching and attempting to pair.
    - Connecting to iPhone 4s by using it for it's internet connection. In this case the phones say "Connected" however, file send failes each time I try from the GS5 and we lose connection.

My GS5 indicates the phones are "paired." I can get them to both recognize that a request in coming through, they both show the same "Verify that the code XXXXXXXXX appears to validate this connection." I click "OK," and my GS5 goes back to "Paired" status, while the iPhone 4s indicates that I "should check to ensure BT is enabled and within range of the iPhone" and then goes back to "Not Connected."

I simply cannot figure out how to transfer a large file from the GS5 to iPhone using BT. Can anyone assist me?

Thank you.
    10-29-2014 09:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe there is a native ability to transfer files over Bluetooth between Android and iOS. You can try using Fast File Transfer instead. See this article: Send files between Android and iOS with Fast File Transfer - TechRepublic
    10-29-2014 11:42 AM
    Yup, iOS doesn't play nice with non-iOS devices, unfortuantely (Or PCs without iTunes)
    mziggidy and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-29-2014 11:45 AM
    I've also read a review of Shareable. Have any of you experience with this app? Does it use the same type of system? They claim it's FASTER than bluetooth.
    10-29-2014 12:47 PM
    Sorry, no experience here--I don't have an iPhone.
    10-29-2014 01:10 PM